+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Generic Online Relationship Troubles

Generic Online Relationship Troubles

So, I met this girl online who had a crush on me for quite a while. I always found internet relationships stupid so I never really cared much. After talking to her for a long time, I actually developed feelings for her, and I confessed.

We've known each other for a year and it's been a year since I've confessed. Our relationship is going great, but, we still haven't met.

The thing is, we don't know where we want to go. I live in Montana and she always wanted to come here and be with me, but she changed her mind after becoming more accustomed to Florida. I do what to go to Florida a little... but my parents are already paying for my college here (I'm a senior in high school currently) and I'm inheriting their hour after a couple of years. Her situation is almost the same. We're obviously both very well off in our respective states (which are both on the other side of the country) and spoiled by our parents... I have no idea what to do here.

Any ideas?

You are living in a dream world my friend. Talking over the intenet is not a 'relationship' because in a relationship you can see the person in front of you - you can hold their hand, you can kiss them - get the idea? Try to find somebody who does not live thousands of miles from where you live.

I disagree with the poster above. Feelings can develop over the internet, and people can sometimes form a very close, intimate emotional relationship. Feelings aren't fake just because you haven't met the person. But it does complicate things when you move from friendship to relationship. I have many online friends who I have met and visit every so often, but it's harder when you have romantic feelings for them. Can you each find colleges close to each other? That's a pretty big life decision so make sure you're not doing it *only* for each other...make sure you like the school/area too.

Hopefully the person on the other end looks like she does in her pictures. In other words there could always be an old perv using another woman's pictures.

Don't wanna discourage you I just don't trust online dating.

Oh trust me, I am 100% sure she is who she is. It's not just a text relationship, it's as far as a relationship can be online.

Also, this girl is the one, there is absolutely no way I am going to be able to be with anyone else. I really do like Florida, and I'm considering going over there... But I don't know the first thing about functioning on my own since I've been spoiled so much by my parents and they are pretty much the only family I have. It would actually be more beneficial for both of us if she moved over here, but she loves Florida too much and I love her too much. I'm starting to think I'm going to have to sacrifice a lot.