+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help me Catch his eye

Help me Catch his eye

So, there is this guy I am interested in. The most major thing I like about him is that we both have a passion for similar things, a person who "gets it."I love spending time with him. He is smart, funny, caring, super enthusiastic, and has a desire to make change like me. We are both in grade 12 (seniors) and will be taking an extra year of school after this one. One bonus is that he is not in my close circle of friends, which is better, believe me. Most of the time I feel like there is a spark between us but:

There are 3 hitchs:

-he lives about 40 minutes away and goes to a different school. I see him at least once every two weeks becuase we are a mutual comittee, plus other times.

-he is super social and charistmatic with everyone. This is defienetly a plus in my opinion becuase I am like that to. But, I feel like it's possible I could mistaken that friendleness for chemistry. How to know?

-one of my best friends also likes him. This is weird becuase she sees him probably twice a year but she is the type to hold onto light crushes for forever even without seeing them.

How can I catch his eye and make me stand out against all the other girls he has fun with, especially at his school?

Ask him out - then you'll know whether he fancies you or not. Or wait forever and ever and ever and ever for him to make a move on you.

Yes. I was kind of afraid that would be my solution. See, I don't have too much experience with making the first move and I don't know if i have the guts. Especially since I am having a hard time reading his interest (his personality is generally friendly to everyone).

This is scary.

Waiting around for him to make a move that may never happen is a waste. Just ask him out. Say "Hey you want to go grab something to eat with me?" And just talk about the things you are passionate about like what you mentioned at the beginning of your post. If he asks you out or for your number, yer in.

Man I should go to bed.

Just go for it. Be brave.