+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A girl that's way outta my league (help please...)

anonymous 1258 Guest

A girl that's way outta my league (help please...)

Dear readers,

There is a girl I really like but I feel like that she's way too good for me (maybe it already sounds familiar).

The problem is that I have never had a relationship, even though I am 20 years old. This is partly because I was never interested in dealing with the opposite sex (due to some personal problems), but also because when it comes to women I have very low self-esteem. I also think that I am facing (the oh so famous) 'fear of rejection'.
    I honestly don't understand. When talking to men, I can easily make friends. But when I'm talking to women, my low self-esteem problem shows up.

Anyway, let's continue... Before falling in love with this girl, there was a time that I fell in love with another girl (without her knowing). The thing I regretted the most, was that I was never brave enough to aproach her (fortunately I got over it).

So now, I've met the most beautiful girl or woman (from my point of view) a while ago through a friend of mine.
    I did see her only one time (and I waved and she waved back) after I've spoken to her for the first time. I've added her to facebook since that time.

After speaking to her and "getting to know" her better through facebook, I'm in love with her more than ever, but even worse, my self-confidence, has plummeted below zero. During that "first talk" I felt a click, which I've never felt before with a woman.

Through Facebook I found out that she's one year older than me (I'm not sure if this matters much), that she's very well educated, that we both share the same interests, that she studied abroad has and some other external factors that cause me to think that she's even more out of my league.

My ego has received a heavy blow, by seeing people (that are about the same age as I) accomplish many things (compared to me). Especially, because I thought that I did accomplish a lot of things (for my age).
    NB: By 'accomplish a lot' I mean, education, working experience, life-experience etc...

The blow that struck my ego, added to this burning sensation of actlessness for a girl/woman that's way too good for me, is controlling my life ever since I met her (about 2,5 to 2 months).

The thing is that I rarely see her and also she's graduating this year (this means I may never see her again). I really don't know how to deal with this situation (facebook, real life). I've consulted many websites and forums and I still can't figure it out.
    How do I know if she knows that I like her and how do I know if she likes me?

I would really appreciate if somebody could help me.

Thanks in advance,

PS: sorry if I wrote a lot, but I suck at putting my feelings on paper
    Last edited by anonymous 1258; 22-12-10 at 05:43 AM.

A) There's not really any such thing as 'out of my league'
    B)
    The fear of rejeciton has only one cure. Get off you ass, and get it rejected. Sadly, there is no way to prepare yourself for the risk. It's a do or die thing, and the longer you wait, the harder time you will have learning to cope with rejection.
    On the plus side, you might very well luck out and avoid the issue by not being rejected. Otherwise, jump and learn to swim.
    Green!

please just ask her out, you'll never figure out what's going on inside her head until you confront her

You have to let the feelings grow when you are IN a relationship. What you are doing is obsessing. It is what's killing your chances of ever having a GF period. Stop putting women high up on a pedestal. You need to treat them just like the guys you talk to. They are people too. When you are infatuated with someone and they don't feel the same way as you do, then everything is way off balance and they get creeped out. So it's time to change your ways, your perspective about women, and stop this foolishness with this falling in love crap....you don't even know her.

anonymous 1258 Guest
    Hey thanks, I needed to get kicked in the nuts . I'l just go for it! Everybody needs to fall sometime before getting up, right?

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I completely disagree there is "no such thing as out of my league". I wholeheartedly believe in leagues. It's sad, however true at least to a degree. If you're a ugly, unsucessful, lazy, fat mofo you ain't getting the gorgeous girl next door. It will just never happen.

You decide whether she's out of your league or not. Referring to her as such is defeating yourself before you give yourself a chance.

Check it out bro, First and formost, you need to STOP bashing yourself... You need to love yourself for who and what you are... Be confident in your own skin... People tend to see you as you see yourself, so Put your head up, sholders back, and walk with some confidence...
    When it comes to dating, you need to remember its a skill... ( A learnable skill ) Its like riding a bike, sure your gonna fall a couple of times, but that doesnt mean you quit right, You get up and try again until it becomes second nature... it just takes a little bit of practice...
    If persuing this girl is a must, then challenge yourself to approuch her and ask her out on a quick date... Even if it's on FB.. You'll be surprised... Don't be mushy, or clingy, women want a man that can carry himself... Show some confidence...
    CHeck out my profile and click on my homepage...
    Hope this helps friend.. Peace...