+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girl I met.. Mixed signals?

Girl I met.. Mixed signals?

Just need some female advice here.. So I went partying down at my friends school a few weeks ago and met a girl there. I was just sitting around playing a drinking game with a few of his buddies and I see this pretty damn cute girl across the room, started making flirty eye contact and smiling and got up to introduce myself. We had a 10-15 minute conversation then I went around and socialized a bit more.

A little later into the party she told me she was leaving with her friend and I said "Hey how about you give me your number and we can go out sometime" (she lives pretty close by to me). She agreed and gave me her number. We parted ways.

So I call her up a few days later and we decide to make plans I meet her right outside my house and I invite her in, we watched a movie together and went out after just walking around the city site seeing. The only thing is though she just didn't seem interested? That or she seemed nervous/shy. I did notice she was moving a lot when she was sitting down and wouldn't really look me in the eyes when talking. I know I was definitely feeling very confident that night, but didn't want to give her a goodnight kiss just cause she seemed sorta like she didn't want it.

I'm not one with low self esteem either, I know I'm a pretty good looking guy and have had plenty of attractive women tell me I am. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a super athletic movie star looking dude but I know this girl was definitely not out of my league. Just don't know where I went wrong here.. maybe facebook lurking made her think I just play girls, but I just have a lot of friends that are girls. I texted her again a couple days after our date and she didn't reply. Any thoughts from the ladies?

I don't know, there could be a thousand possibilities why she never pursued you. She just wasn't into it, for whatever reason. I'm not sure anyone can give you some magic answer here.

And I just want to point out to you that that first date was boring as ****. That's probably not why she's not calling you, but try a little harder on dates, sheesh.

Lol gimme some better ideas then. Make the criticism constructive.

Better ideas for dates, you mean? First, I guess, don't make her come to you. Pick her up, or at least meet her somewhere. And if she has to come to you, provide more entertainment than sitting on your sofa and staring at a screen. Do some sort of activity. Bar/restaurant, bowling, the zoo, art museum, festival, whateverthefck. Look in your local newspaper/websites for things to do. Conversation flows better when you have something to do. Just, you know, don't be boring.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well it's very weird you're in your house on a first date. It's even more weird you made her go there. After that it simply seems like she wasn't feeling it. And this isn't mixed signals it's a case of no signals.

Quote Originally Posted by RSanders219 View Post
    Just need some female advice here.. So I went partying down at my friends school a few weeks ago and met a girl there. I was just sitting around playing a drinking game with a few of his buddies and I see this pretty damn cute girl across the room, started making flirty eye contact and smiling and got up to introduce myself. We had a 10-15 minute conversation then I went around and socialized a bit more.

A little later into the party she told me she was leaving with her friend and I said "Hey how about you give me your number and we can go out sometime" (she lives pretty close by to me). She agreed and gave me her number. We parted ways.

So I call her up a few days later and we decide to make plans I meet her right outside my house and I invite her in, we watched a movie together and went out after just walking around the city site seeing. The only thing is though she just didn't seem interested? That or she seemed nervous/shy. I did notice she was moving a lot when she was sitting down and wouldn't really look me in the eyes when talking. I know I was definitely feeling very confident that night, but didn't want to give her a goodnight kiss just cause she seemed sorta like she didn't want it.

I'm not one with low self esteem either, I know I'm a pretty good looking guy and have had plenty of attractive women tell me I am. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a super athletic movie star looking dude but I know this girl was definitely not out of my league. Just don't know where I went wrong here.. maybe facebook lurking made her think I just play girls, but I just have a lot of friends that are girls. I texted her again a couple days after our date and she didn't reply. Any thoughts from the ladies?
    I am no female, but I thing I could say as advice from a fellow male. Be honest and direct with that girl instead of trying to find out what she meant!! Good luck.

That's what dating is all about....you have to spend time, even just one date, to figure if you want to persue it any further...it's obviously she doesn't want to.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hey smackie, I'm very familier with Surrey as well!

Mixed signals usually only mean one thing....NOT interested.