+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pole dancing for fitness... what would you think of your girl doing it?

Pole dancing for fitness... what would you think of your girl doing it?

Over a year ago a girlfriend of mine asked me if I was interested in joining her for a pole dancing fitness class. Having always heard they are a barrell of laughs with the girls and also help to get you fit, I was instantly excited and accepted. When I went home that night and told my boyfriend I was going to be taking the class he was not pleased. He turned quiet on me and when I asked him what was wrong he said he thought doing the class was sleazy, disrespectful to him and he didn't understand how it could be a fun thing and a confidence booster for a lot of women. He said that if his family were having a get together one night and I was at one of my "classes" he would be embarrassed to tell them so.

He didn't SAY he didn't want me to do it, but he made me feel terribly guilty so I told my girlfriend I had changed my mind. All this time later, even though I DIDN'T take the class, he makes snide remarks (which he tries to pass off as jokes) if anything about pole dancing comes on tv. Just last night there was something on tv about “amateur strippers” and he called me into the room. He punishes me despite the fact that I didn't even take the class, then claims he never said I couldn't do it.

Guys how would you feel if your girl came to you and told you she wanted to participate in one of these classes? Is my bf just being insecure?

We're talking about one of the classes they do at a local gym, right? Not a class at a stripclub? Because the way he reacted makes it seem like the latter. He's way insecure and I don't even get what he has to be insecure about. An all-woman class at a gym? I have no idea what his problem is, unless he's just such a huge prude that anything related to strippers is taboo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratedwasabi View Post
    We're talking about one of the classes they do at a local gym, right? Not a class at a stripclub? Because the way he reacted makes it seem like the latter. He's way insecure and I don't even get what he has to be insecure about. An all-woman class at a gym? I have no idea what his problem is, unless he's just such a huge prude that anything related to strippers is taboo.
    That’s right. An all woman class at a gym, with a bunch of other women, all in sweats. And he freaked out about it. Told me that "fitness" doesn’t include “spreading your legs” while hanging on a pole...

He can’t seem to separate the stigma attached to dancing naked for dollars, with dancing in a fitness class. To him it’s one in the same. It’s a shame because he is usually so open minded.
    Last edited by SecretlySad; 22-12-10 at 10:10 AM.

Geez, what a whiner. That kind of class isn't my cup of tea, but Ive heard it's a lot of fun! You should look up the Pole Dancing World Championship on Youtube and show him some of those videos if you ever want to broach the subject again... The women DON'T get naked, and the things they can do are amazing-it's like vertical gymnastics.

You could also try to tap into his second brain and tell him you could come home and show off what you learned. My exes were always very pleased when they discovered my "Carmen Electra Lap Dance Fitness" DVDs.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    it's very common in L.A. and i don't see nothing wrong with doing it.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

He played a nice little control move on you and also 'punished' you as well. Hah.

Don't stand for that. Tell him you were doing an aerobics class at a local gym and wanted to try it out...it's not like a strip club try-out.

He needs to get over himself, I'd dig it if my g/f was going to pole-dancing classes!!!

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i wonder what his reaction would be to blow job classes....
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Umm have you explained that the lessons have absolutely NOTHING to do with stripping? Pole dancing is like step classes comepltely different than lap dancing in a strip club. I think he's failed to see the difference.

And I think if you really want to go you should go. I know exaxtly what type of class it is, I've been out of 12 girls 2 were trying to be real strippers 10 of us were there for fitness. If you do decide to go I'd tell him you're going to work out at the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretlySad View Post
    Over a year ago a girlfriend of mine asked me if I was interested in joining her for a pole dancing fitness class. Having always heard they are a barrell of laughs with the girls and also help to get you fit, I was instantly excited and accepted. When I went home that night and told my boyfriend I was going to be taking the class he was not pleased. He turned quiet on me and when I asked him what was wrong he said he thought doing the class was sleazy, disrespectful to him and he didn't understand how it could be a fun thing and a confidence booster for a lot of women. He said that if his family were having a get together one night and I was at one of my "classes" he would be embarrassed to tell them so.

He didn't SAY he didn't want me to do it, but he made me feel terribly guilty so I told my girlfriend I had changed my mind. All this time later, even though I DIDN'T take the class, he makes snide remarks (which he tries to pass off as jokes) if anything about pole dancing comes on tv. Just last night there was something on tv about “amateur strippers” and he called me into the room. He punishes me despite the fact that I didn't even take the class, then claims he never said I couldn't do it.

Guys how would you feel if your girl came to you and told you she wanted to participate in one of these classes? Is my bf just being insecure?
    I wouldn't know how I would feel but I do get his problem. In society, when people think of pole dancing they tend to think of it what strippers do. It is hard to except it as fitness even though it is terribly difficult. I know that it can be seen as fitness but somewhere inside of me I feel uneasy about it. It is more how society looks at it then that it is your bf's insecure feelings. If I had a girlfriend and she would tell me she would tell me that she wanted to do one of those classes, I would ask her a couple of questions then make a funny remark about it, like you have to show me one time but I would let her do it because it I would trust her. I hope this helped you a bit

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    Umm have you explained that the lessons have absolutely NOTHING to do with stripping? Pole dancing is like step classes comepltely different than lap dancing in a strip club. I think he's failed to see the difference.
    Absolutely, time and time again. It drives me insane because as I said, I didn’t even take the damn class and still he tortures me. I feel like it’s his way of saying “don’t you dare ever think like that again”.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretlySad View Post
    Absolutely, time and time again. It drives me insane because as I said, I didn’t even take the damn class and still he tortures me. I feel like it’s his way of saying “don’t you dare ever think like that again”.
    Out of curiosity, how does it feel to have your boyfriend stomp on you and control your life?

Tell your boyfriend to **** off and you're taking the classes and maybe if he keeps up the attitude you'll put it to use; with someone else.

Pole dancing for fitness is absolutely great. I could write a veeeery looong list of + about it. I've been planning for a while to start learning...

Quote Originally Posted by ammi00 View Post
    Pole dancing for fitness is absolutely great. I could write a veeeery looong list of + about it. I've been planning for a while to start learning...
    seeing it like this makes me think, it would be fun to try as a guy

Guys are definitely much, much better. Or could be

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ammi00 View Post
    I love that act, but i wish they had used at least one woman in it.
    Last edited by vashti; 23-12-10 at 06:31 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast