+ Follow This Topic

Thread: they have got to be kidding me

they have got to be kidding me

my man and i have some out of town friends who want to come and stay at the family cabin for a few days. they live about a day's drive and a ferry ride away.

he has gone to see them a number or times, completely on his dime. this time, they want us to help them pay for their gas and eating expenses for their trip up here, after which they will stay with us, and we will be feeding them, etc.

they also have plans to see other friends while up here. that's cool, and it's cool if they want to crash here, but i am actually pretty amazed that they think we should give them gas/travel/food money.

he refused to pay, of course, but i think we're both a lot less eager to feed them and house them now. (usually we make a huge feast for them)

any thought on this? i really want to like them again, but i just feel like they seek to take advantage of us, which makes me reluctant to put any effort into their visit.

assholes...i'm not a very nice person..so if they tried that with me..they would get the boot out of the house.

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes..." -Andy Warhol

Tell them not to come if they're going to be like that.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i wouldn't pay for someone else's lodging. i earn my own food, so why shouldn't they??

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

oh hell no, you should have just said, **** you and hung up, where do they get off thinking you should pay for THEIR vacation. what bullshit, tell them to **** off and get some real friends.
    im the shit like mr.hanky

THROWING ROOTBEARS IN YO FRIDGE BEHATCH

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well did you express this to them..?? and if so, what happened?? i mean surely when you're friends had this brilliant idea, there must've been some sort of responce from your bf's side.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

thanks for all responses - i thought i might be blood-boiling miffed for no just cause.

yeah, he just said "no, that is not going to happen," then they gossiped to other friends about us. Arghhhhhhh. who does this? who is wandering around getting people to pay for them like this?

my guy is really mellow, very slow to take offense, so he does not see too much wrong with this behaviour - just normal alpha-male wrangling, or something. he's fine because we did not pay, which is cool, but he is not the one who does the work when we have visitors.

after this, i think i might just go away for the weekend that they are here - they are not my original friends, so this should not cause offense. there is no way in hell i'm cooking and sh$te for them though.

these people are moochers and if they dont have the money to at least feed themselves and pay for their gas to get around then thats thier problem....and anyway why take a trip when they cant even pay for their own dam food. Jezzz i tell you some peoples kids! If they were really your friends they definatley would not be acting this way and then spreading rummors and talking shit. with friends like that who the heck needs enemys!
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.