+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm not ugly I swear!

I'm not ugly I swear!

Hi there

Another year has gone past and I am STILL single.

I have had dates, I have had sex twice this year, I've gone out more, taken care of myself big time to remain attractive but I don't seem to be able to meet anyone with the potential of a long term relationship.

This year I've met:

guys on the rebound/Guys with psychological issues (one was bipolar nothing wrong with that but he did scare me a bit/Needy guys...I don't know what do to...I think I won't try anymore...

2011 is the year when I won't try anything: no dating website, day dreaming and no attempts at creating opportunities for romance...maybe that's when it will happen...isnt' it the popular belief? It will hit you when you least expect it?

Sometimes I wonder If my fate has been sealed or what...my last single friend has found someone last year and is getting married next September with a baby on the way...and she was single for 5-6 years (not counting the flings she had in the meantime)..it does seem that once a woman has hit 30-35 she has more chance of being hit by a bus than finding love (actually I stole that line from 30 Rock)
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by sookie6 View Post
    it does seem that once a woman has hit 30-35 she has more chance of being hit by a bus than finding love (actually I stole that line from 30 Rock)
    Perhaps you are right if your goal is "finding love", but I find I am hit on a LOT more now than I ever was before. Sure, they are unsuitable for the most part, but that's the way it was when I was younger, too.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

tu devrais nous montrer des photos

I've posted a photo on my profile although the object of this post was not to get any rating...you cant' see my body but this migh be the object of another post' I'm not fat I swear'

Vash yes you are quite right..I'm looking for love that's what makes my quest even more difficult...and god knows I keep reviewing my expectations (to me Looks and earning potential don't matter as much as personality and finding someone who is at least driven and hard working)..

anyway that was my rant...just wanted others to feel sorry for me tonight!

x
    Last edited by sookie6; 23-12-10 at 03:27 AM.
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Have you tried dating sites? I'm told that is the way to find serious prospects.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Have you tried dating sites? I'm told that is the way to find serious prospects.
    Yes vash..I had a date last week and another one tomorrow but it has not worked so far..maybe it will soon or not...i don't know...

Tomorrow I'm dating a divorced man with 2 kids which is a first for me but I'm trying broaden my horizon and to be more accepting of people's baggage

Maybe I'm trying too hard these days and blocking something on a cosmic level???

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    how old are you?

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Welcome back sookie
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

If only I was 10 years older

What's your lifestyle like?
    If you meet plenty of new people through work/studies/activities/events already a more passive and take-it-as-it-comes approach may work better but takes more time and luck, and if you find yourself stuck in a routine it's better to be actively pursuing, but the downside is that you have to do it with a degree of disconnectedness of moving on quickly from bad apples and not get frustrated by the lack of results.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What dating sites are you on? If they're the free ones it's gonna be bad. I've heard great things about eharmony. I personally know 3 ladies with long term suitors who are quite nice.

Or alternatively, you could have great results at speed dating. Especially if you're above average looking...

Maybe you are trying too hard? Maybe what you need is to stop looking and just socialize with people, get to know them a bit without any expectations or end result in mind.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Thanks all for your support. I think I'm panicking because I turned 35 in September and I am already on the wrong side of 35, the one leading to 40. Talk about pressure!!!

And I know that in the scale of things, I'm not 'unhappy'...but...

Girl68 cheers for tip on the eharmony website...it's a great website I think but with a limited database in France...still I'll take some time to register.

What happens on dating website is just very much the same as in real life...I let people pick me and then I select who I'm gonna see among the men who 'like me'...

Very rarely do I get the nerves to write to someone I like and when I do they don't respond!!! story of my life really!!!

I'm wondering if there will ever be a happy end for me as it really does feel that the good guys are taken..

Quote Originally Posted by qwertz View Post
    Welcome back sookie
    It's nice to see you again Qwert!

Stop putting so much pressure on yourself or you'll scare everyone away
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Let things flow natuarally. That's what everyone told meto do in the past. I can see that it works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I'm the real Sexy Chunk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast