+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girl says I'm too good for her

Girl says I'm too good for her

Hey all, I'm new to this forum, but I registered because I'm a bit confused as to what to do now.

Here's the story:

There's this girl I met at a party, I kinda teased her a little, and later that week we got online and started talking. Anyways everything went well, we had fun ect... Anyways I learned that she has been in quite a few bad relationships, and her last one, which lasted half a year was with a guy who would get her drunk and then take advantage of that, because she doesn't put up much resistance if she's drunk (well he didn't go too far she says). I told her she was into badboys, and she agreed.

Anyways a few weeks later I came across her at another party, and there was a slow song, so we started dancing. At the end we were kind of cuddling, and she told me I was too good for her, I kissed her right after that moment. Later on the party she told me she didn't know me that well actually.
    Anyways, two days later I caught her online again, and I asked her if she was serious, or if it was because of the drinks she had. She told me she didn't know, because she doesn't know me too well, but she does like me, and does feel good when she's talking to me. Then she told me "but we shall see what comes of it". She asked me if I was dissapointed, I told her I wasn't, and asked her why I should be dissapointed. Anyways, later in that conversation she told me she wasn't drunk at all, and that I musn't think she does that to everyone.

So today (two days later from the talk about the kiss), the topic came up again (we had some conversation in between though), she told me both she and me can't say no, and some example about a guy coming for her notes of a course. Then she told me I was indeed way too good for her, and that she can be strange sometimes, and she doesn't want to hurt me like that. So I asked for an example. she told me her brother doesn't want her to date one of his friends because of that. After a while she told me about the kiss, that her brother was also angry about that (I don't know her brother too well, I met him at the same party too, but haven't talked too much with him). that she kissed me without knowing if she wanted to go further with me or not. and that her brother thinks that she can't be in a relationship with me, because she's not good for me.
    Then she told me, we're a bit too different, that I'm more serious than her. So I asked her a little out about that being different thing, she gave me a few examples, and I said I didn't mind, and asked her why that was bad, and that it doesn't matter to me, but she didn't give me a clear answer. She also told me that 2 of her friends got dumped because of that.
    She then also told me her brother is a kind of best friend of hers and that he knows her like no one else, and that when he doesn't agree with something she does, that she feels bad about that.
    So after that she asked me if I was angry. I told her no, and that I understood, she then asked me if I was dissapointed. I responded with a single word which could be translated as: "kinda, but I don't really mind" (english is not my native language, so the translation is probebly not that accurate). She answers: "so it's a yes, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to". I told her I understood.
    Well I reacted quite cold I guess because she asked me:" are you that angry with me taht you don't want to answer anymore, or are you playing a game". To which I responded "no, but maybe you are right, maybe I am too good for you". She then told me that she hoped I would forgive her, I responded again, I understand. Then she told me she was going to bed, with a crying smiley face".

So that's that, that's the whole story, sorry for the long post, but I tried to make the whole story clear, so that I can get a good answer.

Here is what I think, she's not interested in me as a love partner, so she's kindly trying to "dump" me (we're not in a relationship so I guess you can't call it dumping) by saying I'm too good for her (it's not you, its me), and involving her brother into this (he doesn't agree, so I can't do anything else than to comply).

It could be taht she has such low self-esteem issues because of her previous relationships, but I doubt that the way she told me everything today.

So what should I do, should I confront her the next time she talks to me that I know she is trying to tell me she is not interested in me, or should I just start to talk less to her.
    The thing is, she will be at the same new-years party as me so chances are i'll meet her there again.

Also a thing to say: she never told me I was too good for her before the kiss.

I thank you for your help already

Edit: aditional information: I'm 22, she's 19. I've never been in a relationship, and it was infact my first kiss too...
    Last edited by Silverfox; 23-12-10 at 05:28 AM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She's probably right - you probably ARE too good for her. She is used to being in high-drama romances, and if you aren't able to provide her with that, she will quickly grow bored, dump you, and go find another jackass.

Find yourself a nice girl instead.... one who is good enough for YOU.
    Last edited by vashti; 23-12-10 at 05:43 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Hey Silverfox,

I'm maybe not the right person to say this (inexperience and all).
    But A little to much drama if you ask me. If you REALY like her go on with her.
    If not, move on .
    Same as Vashti said.

Void

PS Never been in relationship before, and never even kissed and I'm 20.
    And I'm from Antwerp ^^
    Last edited by Void; 23-12-10 at 06:14 AM.
    "Chance is a word void of sense; nothing can exist without a cause." Voltaire

I didn't read it all, but normally 'You are too good for me', is a nice way of saying, 'I'm not interested'....