+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have I great relationship but...... help!!!

I have I great relationship but...... help!!!

Me and my girlfriend have been dating for about 5 months now and she is awesome. She is so selfless, She takes the time to listen to me. She understands me. She empathetic to my world and things going on with me. She thinks the world of me, and based on my past relationships she blows them out of the water. Just by the way she is around me I can tell that she is really into me. She is always so happy to be around me showering me with a million kisses and hugs. But last night she did something that I can say I really didn't like. She called me about 3pm yestreday and told me that she was going to the hair shop to get her hair done. I was like cool!! When she finished she stopped by my place and showed me her new do... She cut it off! I mean her hair was never really that long to begin with, It was about to her ears to start. But she cut it to about a few inches long. Just a tad bit longer than my hair. I do not like it at all but I am afriad of telling her that because she loves it. She said that shes gonna keep it that short for a while. I'm afriad of telling her that I don't like it because I know that it would ruin her world if I told her what I really felt about it. Not sure what I should do. I have so much feeling for her and I don't want to hurt her. Somebody please help!

Lol hair today gone tomorrow hope you not in love with her hair
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

just tell her you miss her old hairstyle, if she asks why just say you looked at a few pictures of her back when she had longer hair or something like that

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    err you dont 'do' anything. Its her hair and up to her what she does with it. It will grow back.

You never know, it might start to grow on you (excuse the pun)
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

@ sweetkissesforu- Her hair was ok with me from the start but I'm not crazy about it now.
    @ qwertz - LOL.. Funny, But I know that you are right about that. It is her hair. But when she askes me if I like it do I lie and tell her yes or tell her the truth and say no??
    @ blent - Thats a good idea, I might try that!! Thanks.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    tell her the truth, you prefered her hair longer.

Just be frank about it... Tell her that you prefer her long hair. Honesty is everything!

Thanks Amethyst11 & girl68... I just don't want to hurt her feelings but I know honesty is ALWAYS better..... In most cases! lol ( I know that thats a contradition right there.. oh well)

I'm a big long hair on women kinda guy and I've run into this situation a few times. My best response is something like "that cut looks really good but I miss having your longer hair to play with.. it was so sexy."

Quote Originally Posted by Terrmz View Post
    Me and my girlfriend have been dating for about 5 months now and she is awesome. She is so selfless, She takes the time to listen to me. She understands me. She empathetic to my world and things going on with me. She thinks the world of me, and based on my past relationships she blows them out of the water. Just by the way she is around me I can tell that she is really into me. She is always so happy to be around me showering me with a million kisses and hugs. But last night she did something that I can say I really didn't like. She called me about 3pm yestreday and told me that she was going to the hair shop to get her hair done. I was like cool!! When she finished she stopped by my place and showed me her new do... She cut it off! I mean her hair was never really that long to begin with, It was about to her ears to start. But she cut it to about a few inches long. Just a tad bit longer than my hair. I do not like it at all but I am afriad of telling her that because she loves it. She said that shes gonna keep it that short for a while. I'm afriad of telling her that I don't like it because I know that it would ruin her world if I told her what I really felt about it. Not sure what I should do. I have so much feeling for her and I don't want to hurt her. Somebody please help!

omg

she showers you with so much affection?
    i'd honestly be happy. My BF doesn't get half of that. I'm usually the one wanting the affection. you're a lucky guy. as long as she looks half-decent, you're ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratedwasabi View Post
    I'm a big long hair on women kinda guy and I've run into this situation a few times. My best response is something like "that cut looks really good but I miss having your longer hair to play with.. it was so sexy."
    Thanks man... Ima try that approch. Cuz either way I look at it, I'm gonna have to deal with it either way. If she decides to keep it short or if she decide to grow it back it's still gonna be short for a while before I see anything. So I am going to have to deal with it. But if she asks I won't lie...

Quote Originally Posted by red_sparrow View Post
    omg

she showers you with so much affection?
    i'd honestly be happy. My BF doesn't get half of that. I'm usually the one wanting the affection. you're a lucky guy. as long as she looks half-decent, you're ok.
    Thanks Red.... Maybe its me that needs to change.

But if she asks I won't lie...
    Why do you feel the need to tell her you dislike it? She said she loves it, why ruin it for her?

If she asks your opinion, tell her the truth. If she doesn't ask you, then I don't see why you need to say anything...I personally don't like when people give me unwarranted critique on my looks.

Thanks ya'll I really appriciate all the advice

Based on what you have written it seems rather shallow to dislike her hair when she likes it the way it is...
    I think she needs and wants her man to unconditionally love her...not critique her looks.

It's rather simple:
    Most men would kill for a woman to be as communicative, open, loving, affectionate, giving and uninhibited with her sensuality as she is with you.

If you truly have strong feelings for her why would you ruin them with some superficial issue like a hair cut?
    Are you that controlling that she should have run it by you before hand?

Are you in love with her, or her exterior?

However harsh it may seem...you have a right to your opinion.
    I can almost understand why you feel this way but the fact remains:
    She is who she is and her hair cut is an extension of that.
    When you have to pick and choose what you like and don't: You don't truly love her.

If I were you I'd appreciate her for who she is...and not focus on who she isn't based on your expectations of
    what you think her appearance should represent (in your eyes)
    Last edited by SelflessnHumble; 28-12-10 at 04:31 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast