+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The last year and a half of my life.. Advice for this should be fun

The last year and a half of my life.. Advice for this should be fun

Hi...
    I'll try and keep this really brief. I'm a sophomore in college. I started dating my girlfriend a year and a half ago after we hooked up at a party.. Until then we'd been casual friends who just crushed on each other. She flipped my life upside down. She never left my mind. Soon after our first perfect summer together, I had transferred from the great school I had gotten into back home despite the friends I'd made. We then lost our virginity's to each other and continued to get more and more serious. However, along the way I fell apart personally. I just can't socialize anymore. I'm constantly lonely despite loving my girl. I can't make new friends. I bury myself in my school work and have all together lost my motivations to make friends or even entertain the ones who still put up with me. I'm so in love with my girlfriend though. I still get giddy around her, however she's the only person I can talk to or want to be social with. I was a popular kid in high school, now I'm a shut in. I still live an hour away from her too. Im starting to think I need my life back or this loneliness will just set in worse. At the same time, I feel like I've lost my sense of humor, my faith, and my selflessness. I feel like a bad person now. I'm selfish and alone. I love her but I feel more alone with her than I ever have. People dont like me anymore, but if i ever saw her with anyone but me I'd be crushed. Advice?

Sounds like you need therapy. You should be very happy but you're not.

i think you're a little too attached to this girl... it's not her fault that you refuse to socialize

I know it's not her fault. It's how I respond to us. I created this situation for myself. I just sometimes wish now that I had the balls back when we had just started dating and I was leaving for college to end it gracefully and on good terms knowing we had a great thing that had just come to an end. Is there anyway I can salvage myself while staying with her? Or do I need to figure out what's gone wrong by myself?

sounds like you need some time apart

Why did you leave college and move back?

Quote Originally Posted by Orygunlove View Post
    I know it's not her fault. It's how I respond to us. I created this situation for myself. I just sometimes wish now that I had the balls back when we had just started dating and I was leaving for college to end it gracefully and on good terms knowing we had a great thing that had just come to an end. Is there anyway I can salvage myself while staying with her? Or do I need to figure out what's gone wrong by myself?
    So you wish you dumped her? it is not her fault you shut yourself off from everyone else. Sometimes people in relationships do this and they live and learn. If you do not want be with her end it but do not blame her for your lack of friends.