+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laziness.

My apartment is almost always a mess because, while I really like cleanliness, I just am too lazy to spend the 30 minutes a day cleaning.

I often mess around on the internet for hours instead of studying my career or reading or doing SOMETHING productive.
    Even if you don't see those as problems, he certainly does.

Well, maybe he needs a kick in the ass.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    Welcome to your own advice.
    I lol'd. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    So...now you have to follow me around like a little dog on a leash just because you cannot take the very same criticisms
    that you are more than willing to provide for others? Captain obvious? If I'm captain obvious are you Admiral Ignorance?

Wow, talk about an insecure boy, wow.
    Get over it. People get their asses handed to them all the time.
    Lesson learned. Here's something you haven't learned:

Ad homimem attacks (google it, I know)
    and 3rd grade ridicule does not denote intelligence nor does it make
    you look "cool" because you've managed to combine adjectives with adverbs in one sentence.

But hey, thank you very much for saying that my advice is "kind of pathetic."
    Very mature and respectful of you.
    You don't have to get your panties in a bunch just because I called you captain obvious. I don't see any ad hominems in my post (lol) - all I did was supply my disagreement with some light humor. But now that you've demonstrated that it's a new word to your vocab. and fresh on your mind, I'd like to take some time and point out some ad hominems in your posts. Maybe that will help you grasp the usage and meaning of the term.

So you really really really like her?
    Men aren't cowardly morons. Little boys are.
    Women need secure and confident men.
    Here, you are indirectly calling me both a cowardly moron and a little boy, and implying that my girlfriend needs someone who is more secure and confident than me, thus attempting to discredit my advice.

Do you see how you have all the confidence in the world with "you friends"
    (which means your lack of respect enables you to do as you please)
    ...meanwhile a respectable girl comes along and you haven't any balls to approach her?
    Here you are implying that I cannot approach her because I like/respect her, but rely on girls with no self-esteem to satisfy my ego, and then you make a reference to another post out of context because you think I lack respect for my friends - all in attempt to discredit my post!

Two ad hominems in one post! I would go through more of your posts (which are laden with such personal attacks) to help you realize what this is, but you can call me lazy. In other words, the amount of work greatly outweighs any benefit I might get from it. But if you keep it up with your annoying behavior, I'll make an effort to put you on my ignore list.

AHAHAHA! Doppel is involved in yet another flame war.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    Welcome to your own advice.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    You don't have to get your panties in a bunch just because I called you captain obvious. I don't see any ad hominems in my post (lol) - all I did was supply my disagreement with some light humor. But now that you've demonstrated that it's a new word to your vocab. and fresh on your mind, I'd like to take some time and point out some ad hominems in your posts. Maybe that will help you grasp the usage and meaning of the term.
    Allow me to clarify:
    You meet adversity with petty insults because you lack the required fundamentals
    in both fortitude and brevity to say how you feel without sounding like a whiny 5 year old
    that either doesn't get their way OR is met with a disagreement that they seemingly cannot handle.

I'm just pointing it out to you because you are seemingly unaware that
    your insults are a mirror reflection of your own personal issues. Calling people
    names just means you lack the necessary proficiency in etiquette to expound upon your
    feelings and emotions in an adult-like fashion. I never infer something. IF someone takes offense to something?

It has substance and meaning to them: which is why you so easily get offended (evident in your posts)
    You've got the problem, not me. I just demonstrate how you're coming across.
    I have no personal feelings nor contempt towards you. In fact calling me Captain obvious tells
    me you are a master craftsman of satire and comedic wit. -I found it very original and quite funny-

Here, you are indirectly calling me both a cowardly moron and a little boy, and implying that my girlfriend needs someone who is more secure and confident than me, thus attempting to discredit my advice.
    I see nothing wrong with your advice at all.
    In fact it's pretty good. You implied all men are cowardly morons in an other post. (this includes you)

All mature men (which they reach through experience, not age) have no issues
    approaching women. In fact it's kinda pathetic you have to utilize a common stereotype
    in not approaching women as the basis for you not doing so to your current girlfriend prior to you getting together.
    I think you had told me:

"A really productive person views all tasks as short-term goals that will ultimately benefit him. He is self-motivated as a result and usually finds a way to enjoy what he is doing."

So I think taking your own advice and not making excuses would do you some good, wouldn't you say?

Here you are implying that I cannot approach her because I like/respect her, but rely on girls with no self-esteem to satisfy my ego, and then you make a reference to another post out of context because you think I lack respect for my friends - all in attempt to discredit my post!

No, not at all. I don't imply anything.
    In fact I always say what I mean. You can discredit yourself all on your own, I don't need to do that.

As I had previously stated: Perhaps in your world it is cool to fondle and grab single women
    and it is even cool for them to like it. No worries. In most of the world, this isn't cool and it IS disrespectful
    even if she willingly allows it. I don't like your opinion but I can respect your opinion at the same time.
    You cannot do the same which just stems from immaturity and a lack of personal growth.

What's worse is that the masses would agree with your point of view.
    That is no issue for me. I don't post to make a million friends on the internet.
    I post because experience and messing up over and over again has yielded me knowledge.

Heck, I even learned something from talking to you!
    I don't have pride nor ego based issues but, I think you do.

Ignored.

____

This is a problem I deal with. I see a therapist that's very helpful. There is no quick fix, there is no way to magic your motivation. You thinking about doing things is actually stopping you from doing anything. You're paralysed by thought, or bury the thought or worry to do anything by distracting yourself by mindlessly surfing the Internet. The solution? It sounds easy, but is actually extremely hard to do. You just have to do it. Don't fight what is going on in your mind, try and accept it - but accept it and do the jobs you need to do. A lot of this will come down to lack of self respect. As you start to do look after yourself you'll start to feel better about yourself and the tasks you have to do you will take pride in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12