+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Less experienced partner

Less experienced partner

Hello,

Firstly, sorry if the headline is misleading but I'll just give a summary of the situation.

I'm in a (long distance, 2 different European countries) relationship with a wonderful guy and have been with him just short of 2 years. We meet on average once every month, sometimes more often and sometimes less often so we have been together a lot (a week or more at a time) and we're both very happy with each other and getting along well and just overall have a good and healthy relationship. Now, I'm not sure if I just need to vent or if anyone has any experiences with the upcoming issue, or any advice on solutions but here goes..

I'm 22 and he is 1.5 years younger. I have had 5 other sex partners than him and started at the age of 16 - whereas I'm his first. Sometime ago I started wondering if I was holding him back from experiencing other girls like that, as I'm the type who wants a monogamous relationship, and when asking him he did say he is thinking about it sometimes. Especially when we're apart and he is feeling like having sex. He also says that he wants to be with me and that it doesn't matter, yet he can't promise what he is feeling in one year. Well, I get that we're still young and things can be unpredictable - I just really feel I hit the jackpot with this guy and I can't see any reason we wouldn't be together in even 2 years besides this one thing. I'm far from being done spending time with him and I am willing to break up my roots here and move to his country in a years time when my studies allow for a break. He does often say that he would like to get a place with me in his country too. So I'm getting conflicted answers here.

Yeah, I just guess it's troubling me a bit because while he shrugs it off a bit, I think it is a concern of his? Some guy out there must have an idea. I want him to be happy but I would be very very heartbroken to lose him to something like this .Am I just worrying too much too soon or do you guys out there think that it's valid, and then what can I do to help this?

When I was with my first seriously girlfriend, the one I lost my virginity to, I sometimes thought about that whole "is she going to be the only one I ever sleep with?" phase. I was her 2nd, so a little bit of difference between your situation and mine, but I talked to her about the same thing. We were both around 16, so being in your early 20's is a little bit different as well.

Anyway, to (try) and answer the question... initially I thought I'd want to sleep with other people, then when I realized how much I loved her, it didn't matter. Though we are broke up, so it really didn't matter.

Some guy's just want to rack up some high number, and definitely want to be more experienced than their female partner, but it really shouldn't matter.

That is intresting. I am 21 and have only been with my current boyfriend, I do think what if and will proberly always will if I stay with him. What if their someone out there who is sexually better than he is, someone who I connect with more emotionally? You do not have these thoughts as you been around, you know your boyfriend a good catch but how does he know that about you? you are his first. When my boyfriend says to me, "you are the one and my true love." I do not say anything back as I do not know if he is the one as I do not have anyone to compare him too!

If your relationship is good in every sense then why would he be interested in anyone else?

There is nothing stopping him or you from meeting someone else. You are just going to have to play it by ear. You are young and relationships will come and go so enjoy it while it lasts.