+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Would This Make You Give Up On a Girl?

Would This Make You Give Up On a Girl?

Been seeing this guy for about two months. Not exclusive, but hang out/go on dates about two or three times a week and speak every day, either through text, chat or over the phone.

Tonight he invited me along with some friends to a sushi place. However, there was some mis-communication via text about when and where we were meeting. I was getting confused and frustrated, so was he. I actually got lost on the way to the restaurant, and had to call him for directions. Fortunately our party hadn't been seated yet, but he could tell I was in a bad mood. He also said he was annoyed.

Through dinner, though, I relaxed and stopped being crabby. We joked, made a lot of sexual innuendo jokes and our usual banter, he put his arm around me and was being touchy. He also paid for my dinner despite my objections, as he said he'd invited me out knowing the place wasn't really in my budget. Before we parted, we kissed and said good night.

However, I texted him when I got home ("Thanks for the dinner, you're wonderful") and he hasn't texted back.

Do you think I pissed him off or annoyed him too much? Would this be enough to make you give up on a girl you'd been seeing?

Why do ppl use text messages you can miss them my phone has b3een known to shut off why not phone then you would know
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by vertical_sky View Post
    Do you think I pissed him off or annoyed him too much? Would this be enough to make you give up on a girl you'd been seeing?
    LOL. You're fine, hun, he might have went out drinking with friends/phone died and was too lazy to plug it in/fell asleep/cant hear it over video games/is jacking off (likely since you probably got him worked up, tease! HAHA!), jacked off and then fell asleep, etc.

Plus your text isn't really implying you'd like a return text, it's kind of open and shut. He mighta looked, smiled, then went about his business.

Relax. If he was still angry, he wouldn't have paid and kissed you. You're fine.

We're guys. We suck at returning phone calls/texts/hellos/etc. I guarantee you he would not have paid and kissed you if he was upset. One or the other, but not both. 100% promise, it's the way our minds work.

When a guy puts his arm around you and later kisses you, we leave our symbol of happiness for that night.
    When a guys doesn't return a text or a call, it's okay because it makes us feel like true "pimps" and later we brag about it with our guy friends.
    It's normal, the dude loves you.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

I think I did screw it up... I tried sending another text at lunch today, just asking how his day was going, and he responded with what he'd been doing this morning. I responded, but he hasn't written back again. I wish I knew more specifically what made him decide against me.

I think I did screw it up... I tried sending another text at lunch today, just asking how his day was going, and he responded with what he'd been doing this morning. I responded, but he hasn't written back again. I wish I knew more specifically what made him decide against me.
    You're freaking out a little bit and probably coming off needy with texts so early the next day. Is he working? I still think you're fine, it hasn't even been 24 hours..

Just relax and wait for him to contact you.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If anything you're being more annoying NOW with the texts.

Next time, you should be calling forget texting, as you obviously know now texting is NOT efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    If anything you're being more annoying NOW with the texts.

Next time, you should be calling forget texting, as you obviously know now texting is NOT efficient.
    68, so many people love texting these days. No one even talks on the phone anymore.

Vertical, seriously, take a deep breath and wait for him to call you. He may NOW be a bit annoyed at you but he'll get over it. Wait. Delete his number if you have to. Just wait. He'll call or text you or whatever soon, it might be a few days though (if he had a good date, his guy friends are probably telling him to wait 3 days to talk to you.)

Why text really ????? it dont work in some relationships and u seem to need an answer right away
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Girl what do you want from him? Friendship? or a intimate relationship. You just may not be responding the way he wants....some guys need a green light. Maybe he's trying to see if you really like him on a more intimate level....could be waiting for you to make a move.

Either that or he is tossin around an idea to persue someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Girl what do you want from him? Friendship? or a intimate relationship. You just may not be responding the way he wants....some guys need a green light. Maybe he's trying to see if you really like him on a more intimate level....could be waiting for you to make a move.

Either that or he is tossin around an idea to persue someone else.
    I guess I wasn't super clear... Me and him are already past friendship. We go on date-dates two or three times a week, and we speak each day. I've made it clear to him that I like him, and would like something exclusive but don't mind casually dating for now. I'm worried I annoyed him to the point he doesn't even want THAT.

I guess I wasn't super clear... Me and him are already past friendship. We go on date-dates two or three times a week, and we speak each day. I've made it clear to him that I like him, and would like something exclusive but don't mind casually dating for now. I'm worried I annoyed him to the point he doesn't even want THAT.
    Vertical, this is my third post saying the same thing but I know how you feel right now. You need to take a deep breath, realize everything is fine and he has a life outside of you, and wait for him to make contact next. That means no text, no matter how short, no email, nothing. I'm betting he's just doing the guy "don't act too interested" thing that we all do at the beginning of a relationship. Wait for him. Seriously, delete his number if you have to to avoid drunk texting or something. You haven't done anything to annoy him, YET, but if you keep bugging him without giving him a chance to act cool, you will.

listen to Gratedwassabi. seriously. nothings wrong! i do the same thing because most of the time i'm in the middle of something. seriously nothing is wrong.