+ Follow This Topic

Thread: confronting your ex

confronting your ex

I'm looking for people in their 20s and early 30s who want to confront an ex from their past for a magazine article. Maybe you have lingering questions for them? Maybe you're just wondering if they're managing a Pizza Hut and a large family in the midwest and are looking for a laugh? If you're interested, email me at [email]your_ex_our_magazine@yahoo.com[/email] as soon as possible. Include a brief description of what went down with your ex, why you're looking for them or what you'd like to gain from tracking them down. Many thanks.

Your katy

i have confronted many exes & then eneded up dating them again and then its disaster so nah no thanks. i do wonder about one ex but i know that in time we are bound to run into each other itsa small world sometimes.
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

Sorry, this is off topic..

"It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

As much as my quotes have taken an impact on people and stuff, this in my opinion is the greatest quote ever. Maybe perhaps because I can relate, and we all can in some ways, but this quote did it for me.

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

past lovers linger like ghosts
    flailing in dreams and memories
    your scent on my pillow happened to stay
    to remind me that although you remain on my mind
    i must lay it down to rest

I don't know. I do really well with my new life until I speak with my ex of 11 years every couple of weeks like I did yesterday. (Over business issues) It just scratches old wounds. Either she's really nice and sweet or she's bitchy. Either way, it hurts. I no longer love her (I love the person that she WAS, and I don't want her back, but it throws my heart in a meat grinder to hear her voice. All the good times, all the memories. She HAS to think about them too...Sigh.

Another summer gone, I can't even bring myself to go to the beach (We met there, married there, spent every weekend there.) I spent the weekend crying in front of the tv as TV Land (cable) had a 48 hour 'Baywatch' marathon. She was a regular extra on the set. I saw her a few times.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    more people tryna make money online.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by blackiesharley
    I spent the weekend crying in front of the tv as TV Land (cable) had a 48 hour 'Baywatch' marathon. She was a regular extra on the set. I saw her a few times.
    I thought I was the only one, my ex called last week and it's taken me just about the whole week, a whole bunch of tissues and hundreds of hugs from friends to get near an even keel again. Don't think anything can be gained from contacting exes, just a whole load of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Innova
    Sorry, this is off topic..

"It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

As much as my quotes have taken an impact on people and stuff, this in my opinion is the greatest quote ever. Maybe perhaps because I can relate, and we all can in some ways, but this quote did it for me.
    Yeah i hear you i have so definatley been there. Just left with memories in which only then i forget the bad. Its so funny how the mind works becasue out of all the bad i only want to remember the good, to be honest this is the way it should be. For me this is good and the best part. No point in me crying anymore. Im just babling now. have you ever felt like you have so much to say but the words just wont come out but then one day it just streams out? Yeah i go there alot. Anyway i hope all is well xoxoxoxo blue
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

I have no reason to contact an x. Hell even though it ended on their decision, I dont look back. Dont want to know, dont give a shit either. Case closed. I know Im in a better place today cause theyre NOT in my life. But I was also in an abusive relationship, so there ya go. No answers needed for me.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by cbee
    I thought I was the only one, my ex called last week and it's taken me just about the whole week, a whole bunch of tissues and hundreds of hugs from friends to get near an even keel again. Don't think anything can be gained from contacting exes, just a whole load of pain.
    I coundn't agree more Cbee. My problem is that she and I were always working on various business projects together, not to mention that we're jointly being audited byt the IRS. (Not as bad as it sounds, it's just a minor $$ amount but still, we have to deal with it together.)

Then there was the house we owned. After she said 'It's over' (I wanted to work it out) neither of us had the ready cash to move out so we ended up being 'room-mates' for four months until it sold. THAT was fun although we each handled it the best we could under the circumstances. She finally moved, I was left with the ghosts.

She would drop by for meetings with the realtors which were often heated. I wanted to do things one way to protect not only myself but her as well. They often wanted to do things another way. It was like the old days, she and I standing together firmly against the World. As I would walk her to her car, every time it was "(my name) you handled that meeting SO well, thanks." (As diviorces go, this had to be the most amicable ever.)

Then one night, on the sidewalk after a meeting to sign the final escrow papers, I said "well it looks like we've done it, we've sold the house.' She stood there and stared at me silently. Then tears began rolling down her cheeks. We embraced and I kissed her cheek and said "I know. But I think it's best if you leave now." She did. I called a taxi while she was driving off, went to a neighbood club and drank my guts out. (And I hardly ever drink)

It's alway best to stay away from exes, no doubt, but the ghosts, well, you know what I'm saying.....sigh.

I know exactly what you mean. My ex owes me a whole bunch of money and although I don't want to see him I'm not getting the money back and it's getting to the point where I'm on the verge of hiring lawyers. So tomorrow I have to see him and get him to sign the papers and I know I'm going to hurt and probably end up drinking my guts out too.

Oh relationships

Quote Originally Posted by cbee
    I know exactly what you mean. My ex owes me a whole bunch of money and although I don't want to see him I'm not getting the money back and it's getting to the point where I'm on the verge of hiring lawyers. So tomorrow I have to see him and get him to sign the papers and I know I'm going to hurt and probably end up drinking my guts out too.

Oh relationships

Best of luck on your meeting, Cbee. Try and put emotions aside just for that meeting period and promise yourself time to cry when you get home, if you need to. I know all too well how it feels.

When the you-know-what hit the fan the first thing I did was call a lawyer, met with him secretly and he assured me that I was in a strong position, but he added "I'm as close as your phone if she starts to pull anything." (Nice guy, BTW, didn't even charge me for that meeting, not ALL lawyers are bad) Ended up not needing him, thankfully.

One day she came over with some papers for me to sign with dollar amounts on them saying "You get this, I get that." My share was below what it was supposed to be and I figured 'this is where it begins.' I said, "No, my share is $$$XXXX," quite a bit more, expecting a war to break out. Instead, she said "OK, I'll change and initial it." Worked out fine, I guess I was lucky.

I'll never get married again. (Famous last words, huh?)

I'd never ever wanna see an ex again.

Best of luck on your meeting, Cbee. Try and put emotions aside just for that meeting period and promise yourself time to cry when you get home, if you need to. I know all too well how it feels.
    Thanks! I managed it, got the direct debit thing signed and then ended up with friends in a bar. I never ever ever want to go through that again. Many tears have been shed

(Nice guy, BTW, didn't even charge me for that meeting, not ALL lawyers are bad)
    Glad to hear it! I'm a kind of a lawyer so it's good to hear we're not being dished everywhere!!!

I'll never get married again. (Famous last words, huh?)
    And then some, we're all fools when it comes to things like that. It's like watching variations on a theme. We make slightly different mistakes but they're all the same in some way.

Been a long road to follow, been there and gone tomorrow, without saying goodbye to yesterday,
    still the road keeps on telling me, to go on
    something is calling me, I feel the gravity, of it
    all
    ----------------------------------------------------------

That's an interesting saying shenmue. It's exactly how I feel. I feel the gravity. I sit alone at nights, wishing I had someone to share with but what get's me through it is the feeling deep inside my heart that there is a lady, probably within a five mile radius of my home, sitting alone like me, ordering Chinesse take-out and sharing it with her cat. And like me, longing to meet a partner. She's out there I KNOW it. We just haven't met yet. (But we will)

And Cbee, glad everything went well and I'm glad you went out with friends to de-compress. Like I mentioned, I know exactly the feeling of having to deal with after-issues. When my first wife left, she packed and moved out within two days. That was much easier, quick and clean. But....we didn't own a house, no joint accounts or investments. This time, wow...

And BTW... Not to be cliche, but most of my best friends are lawyers, I even checked into going to UCLA myself once. I believe that old saying, "Everybody hates Doctors, Cops and Lawyers. Until you need them. LOL