+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Did I sleep with him too soon?

While we were texting yesterday, at one point I told him I missed him and our usual response when one of us says this is I miss you too. His response this time was I want you. I had a reaction but waited a while before I responded. When I did respond I said I feel like I'm becoming a booty call and I don't want to be a booty call. He responded, sorry, not my intent. I told him I just wanted to put it out there and didn't hear back from him. An hour later we spoke on the phone and I asked if I offended him with my statement. He asked what I was talking about and then was like oh wait I never texted you back. So then he said that he doesn't offend easily and that he would rather someone tell him how they feel and put it out there even if he then tells them they're wrong.

I feel like at this point I want to ask him if he is sleeping with other women. Not seeing others because everyone is right we haven't made that sort of commitment but at the same time we've been sleeping together for almost a month, we should at least be exclusive in that regard.

It's funny though cos I feel that he is the one calling the shots between the two of you...you seem afraid to directly ask how he sees the relationship going..and what he hopes out of it...don't be afraid to state what you want...you don't want to be used and you're hoping to know him better because you are aiming for something long term...there...it is said and there is nothing wrong with expecting stable and long term..do not be ashamed or embarassed to have high expectations for yourself...

If the guy is scared off and stop calling you will save yourself a lot of time and disappointment.

Of course, if a little bit of fun and excitement is what you want from now..;then take it easy and don't question it.
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

Quote Originally Posted by China View Post
    While we were texting yesterday, at one point I told him I missed him and our usual response when one of us says this is I miss you too. His response this time was I want you. I had a reaction but waited a while before I responded. When I did respond I said I feel like I'm becoming a booty call and I don't want to be a booty call. He responded, sorry, not my intent. I told him I just wanted to put it out there and didn't hear back from him. An hour later we spoke on the phone and I asked if I offended him with my statement. He asked what I was talking about and then was like oh wait I never texted you back. So then he said that he doesn't offend easily and that he would rather someone tell him how they feel and put it out there even if he then tells them they're wrong.

I feel like at this point I want to ask him if he is sleeping with other women. Not seeing others because everyone is right we haven't made that sort of commitment but at the same time we've been sleeping together for almost a month, we should at least be exclusive in that regard.
    Sorry, this is another very suspicious thing. This line "He asked what I was talking about and then was like oh wait I never texted you back." is bullshit. Riiiiiiight, suddenly he forgot to text you back and it wasn't that he was avoiding the conversation. Also, " He responded, sorry, not my intent" isn't really a good response to that. A more authentic response would be "I'm sorry, I really do like you. We can slow down with sex if that's what you want."

If he tries to guilt you now for calling him out, he's a player. First rule of getting called out as a player, deny and make them feel guilty.

I think you have a right to know if he's sleeping with other women. This is something I'd want to know and because:

1. I value my health
    2. I don't much relish being one of many notches on a mans bedpost.

I couldn't give a shit if we are exclusive or not. If he's putting it about, I want to know. And then I can choose for myself and if I want to remain involved with a man who is not serious about me, in that he's sleeping with others.

Don't give him his cake and allow him to eat it.

I agree with most of comments above. Ask whether he sleeps with someone else and state that you'd like to be exclusive in that. But probably slow down with sex anyway.
    I am not convinced about his intentions, to be honest. Don't over-think situation, but if you have reasonable (which they are) doubts or questions - go ahead and talk about it. You already brought it up slightly, so it will not be that difficult. Decide, what you want and see what he can offer.
    That's the moment when you need to take care of yourself (physically and emotionally).

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    I think you have a right to know if he's sleeping with other women. This is something I'd want to know and because:

1. I value my health
    2. I don't much relish being one of many notches on a mans bedpost.

I couldn't give a shit if we are exclusive or not. If he's putting it about, I want to know. And then I can choose for myself and if I want to remain involved with a man who is not serious about me, in that he's sleeping with others.

Don't give him his cake and allow him to eat it.
    Now that she has allowed this to come to this point: What incentive does he have to be honest with her IF he is sleeping with other women? (NONE)
    What incentive does he have to allow this booty call to continue whenever (1) HIS needs deem a meet appropriate
    and (2) when he can conveniently LIE about it? (ALL)

This is why you do NOT give it up so easily and on zero terms.
    All of this adds up to a convenient lay where zero accountability (on his part) is openly invited.

I'm sorry to say that the OP did this to her self.
    The solution isn't to call out someone who is obviously using her.
    Even though her communication sucked up until this point she now more than ever needs to confront him OR tell him goodbye and mean it.

OP: Do this:
    Text him that you miss him and that you want to see him...
    Set up a time and place to meet up, then tell him to text you when he is "on the way..."
    Last, about 5 minutes AFTER he texts you this ^^^ Text him and tell him that you cannot have sex, you've just started your period.

See what he does but either way you still should confront him.
    Don't let his excuse of "well, I travel a lot" and other BS -these are red flags to come and to go as he pleases: in which you allowed and were O.k. with.
    If you are ever uncertain of something ask yourself, "Did my decisions work out?" "Is this what I wanted?"
    If the answers are "NO" -then you made poor decisions. Learn from them and have real relationships -not this illusory-
    Last edited by SelflessnHumble; 12-01-11 at 06:25 AM.

^^

I wasn't implying that she didn't bring it upon herself and I'm always the first to shout from the rooftops that women should not put out and until they are in exclusive relationships.
    The dumbest thing a woman can do, is to give it up to a man who has not made his intentions clear and putting out would be the last thing I would do and with a man who had not made intentions clear.

You are right, he doesn't owe her anything - she gave it up freely and without thinking or not caring beforehand, if he was sleeping with other women - she still went ahead and slept with him regardless.

But now she finds herself in this predicament, with a guy she is into, who she slept with before exclusivity and who she would like to pursue things further with. She should sit down and have an honest chat with him about where this is going, if anywhere - and I'd ask if he's seeing/sleeping with any other women. Whether he's obligated to tell me or not, I'd still ask. If I didn't hear what I wanted to hear, I'd be gone.

I'd never find myself in this kinda of situation to start with. I wait for exclusive and before he tasted my goodies. No man gets it freely!!

A woman should always make HER intentions clear from the start - she lets the guy know and in subtle ways, what she is looking for.

She should never assume that sex will ensure exclusivity, nor expect exclusivity and because she gave it up.

Hopefully she may have learned from this experience.

So we had the conversation today about being exclusive with regards to sleeping with one another and he said that he was already doing this. And you're right, I knew before I asked the question that no matter what the truth is, that is what he was going to say. I'm not putting all my hope into this relationship but it will be interesting to see where it goes.

Again OP this is such a valuable experience in a woman's life that whatever happens to this relationship, it was worthwhile.
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

I've now stopped initiating ANYTHING and he still calls/texts every day. He asked me if he could come over this past Friday night after work because he was working the weekend but I had plans so he said definitely soon.

????

When we did Christmas, he did not take the gift I gave him (I knew after I bought it that he may not use it) He said he liked it but it was not practical for him. I gave him some options (we could go together and exchange it for something else, he could tell me something he wanted, he could take it himself and exchange it) and he decided that we should go together.
    China------Not practical? What kind of answer is that? What a snot and a half. You guys were exchanging gifts. A polite man would accept the gift. Whether he chucks it into the drawer or into the trash behind your back, you won't know that, but right at that moment in front of you, he should accept your gift. Instead he declined it to your face. That's not nice.

That's a pretty good indication of his character.

A very good observation!
    I fear she will feel apathetic to your discovery.
    But it's her decision. It's always like you can see where someone goes wrong
    and you want to do everything in your being to stop them from hurting themselves...yet?
    They have to experience this for themselves...Truth: it's self evident a good thing, but can be a hurtful thing.

Update:

We're still together. I've met his brother and we've spent the weekend at each others places. Things seem to be going well. =)

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    From his perspective, no

I just want to be straight forward and I do not mean to come off as a jerk. The guy played you, he only wanted sex. Find someone better, he is stringing you along. You are JUST a booty call for him, more than likely that is all it will be. I have known to many guys like that and hate guys like that.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast