+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hello, I'm Dave and I'm an alcoh--- oh wait, wrong forum...

Hello, I'm Dave and I'm an alcoh--- oh wait, wrong forum...

Just signed up and already posted looking for advice. A brief history of my recent "love life" is in order, I suppose?

Dated a girl in college for 3 years, made plans to share an apartment (and I was pricing rings to propose), then she moved to Colorado and changed all her contact info overnight (March 2008). Still a mystery. Was in a severe state of depression after that, slept around and drank for a few months. Eventually started an affair with a married chick at my gig as, I kid you not, the mall Easter Bunny (April 2009). Wound up dating another co-worker but that ended quickly (May 2009); continued the affair with the married one (Kaysie). During some "off time" I started a relationship with someone else (Tara, Aug 2010). Married chick wanted to come back. "Dated" both for a short while. Became just friends with Tara, have continued seeing the now-divorced girl. Currently plan to move to California by September 2011 and would love to room with Tara (whether anything developed or remained platonic) but her finances are a mess and she has a short term relationship of her own presently. Kaysie has a 6-year old and the ex-husband is in jail for alleged rape so the baggage isn't enticing but she would definitely move with me if I wanted her to.

Annnnnnd that's where I'm at. I really want to settle down around 28 or 30 at the latest (I'm 25) so I don't take any relationship lightly.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ooh, you are a wild one! welcome.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Thanks. Haha I'm not too wild actually... but being a creative-type I'm drawn to "unique" experiences.

I'm sorry to hear about your painful break-up...It's proably why you're having all this exciting drama going on...one way or another it's keeping you busy and helping you to heal.

Hopefully your life will turn more grounded very soon.

happy new year and welcome on board
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

Quote Originally Posted by sookie6 View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about your painful break-up...It's proably why you're having all this exciting drama going on...one way or another it's keeping you busy and helping you to heal.
    Thanks. It's crude, but the concept of "****ing your pain away" certainly applied for a little while. Perhaps it's still a part of my motivation.

Hopefully your life will turn more grounded very soon.
    You and me both! Moving to California in August should be a big step in that direction.

happy new year and welcome on board
    Thanks, and happy new year to you as well!