+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Almost broke up

Almost broke up

Well I have been seeing my partner for the past two years. We have been in love all this time. We rarely use to fight when we started seeing each other, but now it is every day. My depression and anxiety is affecting our relationship very badly, it has been getting out of control lately as well.

Last night we had a huge fight over at our friends house. He wasn't acknowledging the fact that I was with him and treated me as if I was invisible to him. I told him this in a casual way, and he replied saying he thought I was trying to get attention (I had an awful mood swing that night due to forgetting to take my medication). This got a bit out of control. It felt as thought he didn't want me there with him and that he would rather me just leaving him alone with our friends. He left me to cry (I was crying cause of the awful mood swing) as he was laughing with our friends. That hurt me a bit.

Now he is holding a grudge against me (I know because he told me he was) and won't talk to me, see me, or anything. I try to apologise but he refuses to listen to me. He told me I really hurt him that night (Yet I do not know what I did and also he hurt me as well) and simply hates me at the moment. This caused my anxiety to sky rocket, and I was taken to hospital.

I have no idea what to do now.

Deal with your depression and anxiety. You have trouble seeing things from an other's point of view which comes off as being needy and selfish. This why there is turmoil in your relationship. Get counseling, and be more diligent with taking your meds. You have a responsibility to yourself to keep your illness in check. In other words you better get your shit together.

Yeah it's kinda hard to fix anything in your relationship when you have all of these issues in the way. You need to deal with your health problems I'd bet a lot of your othere problems will begin to fix themselves.