+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Bad Situation :'(

Bad Situation :'(

I have been in love with a girl ever since I have known her ( over 15 years) . She moved away 2 years ago and we didn't speak until last last year. I was so happy and we texted each other virtually every day growing closer. She signed off the texts with 'i love you too much' and 'i love you so much'. I was so happy and after a couple of months, recently went to see her, she didn't like the surprise and told me she had a new life and was crying. She spent most of the day talking to her friend so I felt ridiculous anyway. I don't understand why she is being like this after telling me she loved me too much? I am upset and confused. Please help.

She sounds a bit crazy. I would keep clear of her and try to find somebody normal

She never knows what she is talking about. She told you, that she has a new life now - that's the case when you should trust her. Get over her and the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by RockNRoll View Post
    She never knows what she is talking about. She told you, that she has a new life now - that's the case when you should trust her. Get over her and the situation.
    do you know her then?

No, I don't. By "never" I meant the cases you mentioned.

What made you think that going to see her was a thing to do? Did she encourage you somehow? Cause if she didnt, then you should blame yourself. You should have asked her if its a good idea for you to come and see her. I bet she would have said something to prevent it and you would avoid being embarrassed and feeling awkward. What she says is not necessarily what she means or feels. Sadly enuf...

Quote Originally Posted by Olenjka10 View Post
    What made you think that going to see her was a thing to do? Did she encourage you somehow? Cause if she didnt, then you should blame yourself. You should have asked her if its a good idea for you to come and see her. I bet she would have said something to prevent it and you would avoid being embarrassed and feeling awkward. What she says is not necessarily what she means or feels. Sadly enuf...
    I was speaking to a friend who told me she liked me so I was encouraged to go and see her. I totally understand now you have said this. She is always saying I love you and then this? I think you may be right about she may not feel this way because she also said 'its not my day'. what should i do next?

She is just emotionally attached to you, not sexually attracted to you.....you were totally in the friends zone. Don't try and date friends and you will avoid this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    She is just emotionally attached to you, not sexually attracted to you.....you were totally in the friends zone. Don't try and date friends and you will avoid this shit.
    no i mean i was talking to a friend of hers, not to her as a friend

I don't understand this girl. This post was confusing. You gave absolutely no details. How do you expect us to help?
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Text messaging allows people a bit of distance and anonymity. They can say things in text that they wouldn't say in person. That also means that you can't trust everything that is said in text messaging, because you can never know where it comes from emotionally. Maybe she is just sharing one brief thought with you, but it isn't a well considered thing. Maybe she means something different when she says she loves you than you take it to mean. She could mean she loves you innocently, like a brother. You never know.
    By surprising her, you made everything real and forced a confrontation. Text messaging allows a buffer zone and your visit destroyed that buffer zone. And it made her react and defend herself in her mind. Unfortunately this wound up hurting you.
    The best thing you can do now is take care of yourself and your life. Treat her as a friend only. You never know what the future will hold, but it doesn't appear that the time is right for the two of you right now.
    Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

It's possible she has found someone else... Being apart from someone for so long can have it's negative effects.... Perhaps you can sit and have an honest conversation with her... Atleast this way you'll know the truth and you can then decide to move on or wait for her.... Good Luck...