+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this like a normal thing?

Is this like a normal thing?

Okay so me and my girlfriend have been together three months and this isn't much of needing help with us I think I don't know if not right section move please anyway what I wanna know if like this is normal. I'm a fan of the Falcons her a fan of the Saints but my heart kinda hurts not cause of her being Saints fan but cause some other guy is who got her to like the Saints and this other guy is a good friend best friend. Anyway is it normal that I would wanna change her mind get her to be a Falcon fan because of the fact its another guy making her like another team and before people say something like I need to watch them be careful blah blah no nothing is going on there so don't think that.

My friend. "What you fear you create." Trying to change her mind in this situation is not productive at all. Pass a certain age you can't meet a girl that hasn't been with other guys so it would be quite the sensation to find someone who hasn't changed at all by her previous relationships. Cheering for this team is her thing now, it's somethins she adapted in her past before you were in the picture and that is her choice. It's not like she is cheering for her ex. Sit down and really think, who would you rather be? The boyfriend or the friend? My guess is the boyfriend, and people generelly dont like when you try to change them so if you try to change her into something else, and continue to make her feel that you don't approve of her in her current state you might be the best friend in time, she might cheer for your team, but she will be in love with someone else.

Hah. Why does she have to change for you bud. Why don't you switch over? See how stupid that sounds....get over it or find another GF that's a Falcons fan.

Well its not I wanna make her not like the Saints cause you can like more then one team its more of a wanting her to like the Falcons and maybe a little more I mean I'm not gonna try and force it on her at all I mean she has told me that if we go to a game she'd cheer for the Falcons along side me no matter who they play as she supports me and I told her she didn't have to and she told me she wants too but I still feel bad like she's doing it to make me happy. I mean I known this girl for months and liked her loved her half this time. Btw we keep stuff good when Falcons and Saints played other week I wasn't all bleh over losing i was good and stuff about it anyway. The more question is like is it normal I would want too try and get her to like the Falcons giving the reason btw them two never dated they were just friends and smackie see she's a fan of a team cause of someone else me I'm a Falcon fan cause of i'm from GA...Not cause of someone else a little difference. If she was Saints fan cause she liked them or was from there or something that okay.

You should just consider yourself lucky that she likes to watch football.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Well that I do agree with haha I mean she told me she's its normal but :/ she could be telling me that cause we wanna keep the other happy idk lol. but like yeah

What a stupid ****ing question. I don't give a shit what teams my GF likes. What is more important is that she likes ME. Grow up for ****s sake

Grow up she is her own person why dont you bet her which team will win always fun
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Are you serious? You need to grow up. You're not ready for a relationship, kid.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

-.- i dont think anyone understood me but whatever. So if your girl liked a team cause of some other GUY someone else is the reason she likes them i.e she likes them because that guy does some friend you wouldn't care?

No, you shouldn't care about the reason she likes a professional football team. Especially if you know that the other guy is just a friend and no cause for concern. There are all sorts of reasons why people like certain teams. Often it is because of family. Would you feel the same way if it were her brother who got her to like the Saints? Probably not. So the issue is your insecurity, whether you want to admit it or not. You are afraid she is choosing this other guy over you in some way. Football is just the excuse you are giving yourself at the moment. But in another few months, it will be something else. Like she wants to talk on the phone to her friend one day and you feel she is ditching you for him.
    Trust in your girl, trust in yourself, and hopefully that will help your relationship grow.

p.s. - the Saints are the defending champs, so it could be a bandwagon thing. If the Falcons win the Super Bowl, you may be able to convince her to do the dirty bird with you!
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

I saw the Mclovin alias and thought this was gonna be about drawing penises.

McLovin, I don't think you should let this bother you unless she was hooking up with one of the guys on the Saints roster or coaching staff.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by devonbrown View Post
    No, you shouldn't care about the reason she likes a professional football team. Especially if you know that the other guy is just a friend and no cause for concern. There are all sorts of reasons why people like certain teams. Often it is because of family. Would you feel the same way if it were her brother who got her to like the Saints? Probably not. So the issue is your insecurity, whether you want to admit it or not. You are afraid she is choosing this other guy over you in some way. Football is just the excuse you are giving yourself at the moment. But in another few months, it will be something else. Like she wants to talk on the phone to her friend one day and you feel she is ditching you for him.
    Trust in your girl, trust in yourself, and hopefully that will help your relationship grow.

p.s. - the Saints are the defending champs, so it could be a bandwagon thing. If the Falcons win the Super Bowl, you may be able to convince her to do the dirty bird with you!
    See at least someone can give a decent answer without looking mean to me and if it was a family thing nah i wouldn't care at all and its not more upsetting me as its not that cause she can like she what she likes its chill and like i said its not she wants him type deal nah not that either. Its more of a I think if he changed teams she would too deal :/

If you think she would change teams if he did, that just strengthens my point. You are worried about her closeness with this other person. In some way it is intimidating to you. Trust what you have with her and realize that if she sees the Saints as a way to be friends with this other guy, that is not too bad. There are many worse things she could do to stay close to her friend.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast