+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice on long distance relationship

Advice on long distance relationship

Hi,

I have this sentence does "Absence really make the heart grow fonder or does it drift you further and further apart?"

Appreciate if there is any opinions on this.

Regards

Absence makes you feel pissed off. If absence makes the hearty grow fonder then in theory I should be in completely in love with somebody I never get to meet. Long distance = shit

If we are talking absence and in regard to someone you have known in real life, naturally you would miss them if parted. Obviously though, it would depend how close you were, how deep the emotional attachment is. Absence can make us realise, how much someone really means to us.

With absence and over time, people can also drift apart.

Long distance is hard, but as long as you don't do it all of your life it's not too bad. I don't believe a Long distance relationship for a lifetime will work- like wife of seaman and marine,solider. If it's real love, you can try to adroit it until you can get together totally!

I like the analogy (which I think I created) that long distance is a magnifying glass. Everything, and I mean everything, in your relationship gets magnified with distance. So, in that sense, absence does make the heart grow fonder. But it also makes you think that a tiny crack in the foundation is actually a massive sinkhole. Distance is simply another added complication in relationships. And with any challenge, if the two of you understand it and work on it, then it can be managed.
    Good luck!
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Which one of you is moving, and when?
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Absence sucks!! My bf and I are longdistance (as in America and Europe), and it's no fun at all. In some ways I guess it does make the heart grow fonder in the sense that you miss each other and think about each other more than you probably would have, if you weren't longdistance. True, also, that it can make people drift apart. something that I used to be constantly afraid of in the beginning.

Absence does make the heart grow fonder.

Currently in a new long distance relationship, still trying to figure out how to continue to strengthen it. Its bad enough when you cannot see each other for months at a time, but if you at least have a solution in the back of your mind how down the road the long distance problem can be solved it at least gives you hope. Distance dating does stink because you cannot see the person, however if you like someone enough to the point you cannot see yourself with anyone else you have to do whatever it takes to continue to keep the relationship new and interesting. Try to see each other as much as possible to lessen the problem of the distance gap.

She wants to relocate after she finishes school in the Fall of 2013. If things last long, which is so far off, I would temporarily relocate in Spring of 2013 and spent time where she lives until she graduates. In the mean time I am trying to work out a way to find summer work near her so that I can at least be with her a few months of the year.

Heartache, you need to action on your ex gf, it's likely she won't contact you out of primeness, and if you don't contact her, you lose her! Get it? If she's pretty gal, there will always be guys line up to satisfy and comfort her, and she might fall for one of them because she was suffering and didn't want to suffer more, or your ignorance can cause her fall for another guy for revenge! Hope you contacted her by now!