+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Young people today - jeez

Young people today - jeez

Perhaps it's only those who appear on this forum but they don't have a ****ing clue do they? All the endless posts about
    I like him, does he like me - how the **** should we know?
    Don't know how to approach her - just ****ing talk to her
    How to take it to another level - well rip her clothes off and give her one
    Will a relationship work if we're at other ends of the planet - no of course not
    We've never met but he tells me he loves me - run away, run away

But I must admit that I do like the posts. It's like watching a slow motion train wreck

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ask your-16yo-self , I bet he was as annoying as those posters Oh wait , there was no internet back then cause you're so old
    I wazzzz here

I can see where your coming from, but when it comes to love/relationships it's hard sometimes.

I don't mind the posts that much, what I do mind is when they come back & tell us we are stupid to give them the advice we did. Take the "does he/she like me" threads. We give them our advice, maybe tell them to COMMUNICATE by talking to the person, putting their feelings out there to them. Then they come back, bitch, whine, moan about how we are the wrong 1's for telling them that.

Now those threads get to me, if you don't really want the advice, don't friggin sign up here & post your so called need for advice!

Basically these kids are just learning the pit falls of relationships....like anything else they are developing by experience, but some advice from us old timers helps along the way. That's what we are supposed to be doing....passing on our knowledge....right? I've been doing this for years and I really enjoy helping others out.

I don't mind people asking questions but sometimes I do despair that some young people seem to have no idea when it comes to relationships - perhaps it was always like this but now with the internet we can ask the questions so easily.

I don't mind young people asking questions, because they don't have enough life experience to know the answers. It's much more annoying when somebody old enough to know better is asking stupid questions.

My best friend (who is 40-something) got FriendZoned recently by a woman that he's been chasing after for months. They finally went out on a date, there was no chemistry, and she gave him the old let's-be-friends line. Very clear situation.

But my friend is a mess now. He thinks that the only reason the date didn't go well was that he didn't say the right things. He kept asking me for advice and I kept explaining the obvious to him, and he kept telling me that his case was special. So he went around to other people looking for advice. Everybody told him the same thing, except for his younger sister, who told him what he wanted to hear: keep trying and everything will work out great. So he sent the shy woman a friendly email, telling her how special she is, and hinting that he would like to see her again soon. He's planning to call her up again soon. Because she is shy, he probably isn't going to get a clear answer soon, and the communication is likely to become awkward and painful for both of them.

Gah! I just want to smack him upside the head and tell him he's an idiot.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

It's so much easier to see what is going on and to solve the problems of others and when looking in from the outside, than it is to solve our own problems I think. What is so obvious to an outsider, doesn't look that obvious to the person with the problem. However I think that is because we have difficulty in accepting that we have problems and we tend to remain in denial that we have problems....we don't want to hear or accept the truth and despite half the time knowing what the truth is.

People often look to others and to verify there is a problem....hence some daft questions.

I was naive once upon a time and probably asked the same questions - they are inexperienced kids who have a lot to learn.

The biggest laugh I think, comes from people are older who still don't seem to have a clue how the opposite sex ticks. Like the woman in her late 20's/early 30's who enquires why a man hasn't called her back and who makes excuses for him, ie: he's busy. Well duhhhhhh, could it be that he just aint interested.

Yeah, I've made some serious progress over the years.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Perhaps it's only those who appear on this forum but they don't have a ****ing clue do they? All the endless posts about
    I like him, does he like me - how the **** should we know?
    Don't know how to approach her - just ****ing talk to her
    How to take it to another level - well rip her clothes off and give her one
    Will a relationship work if we're at other ends of the planet - no of course not
    We've never met but he tells me he loves me - run away, run away

But I must admit that I do like the posts. It's like watching a slow motion train wreck
    well to think that you've only been here for less than a year... why do you think that i don't comment on this threads anymore?

however, it's funny how many other people like to bitch about thread like this...

*looks around the room*

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

It's understandable to get frustrated at the seemingly obvious stuff that people post.

In highschool there were guys who kept winking at me, and I never knew why. I liked a guy but I was too shy to talk to him, and one day I saw my friend (who fancied a guy in our english class), and a light went on in my head. She wore a skirt, and she done a slow walk into the class, turned and made eye contact and a shy smile at the boy she liked before walking to her seat. It was the first time I even realised what flirting was, and I was 16 at the time, so it was weird that all the girl magazines were filled with *20 signs he likes you* quizzes, but none about moves like that!! And tbh, I still don't know how to pull of that move, or any other flirting move (well except from smiling and eye contact, but it always looks awkward/nervous) moves. People like her get what it's all about, people like me don't, and are still learning.

There's a reason why there's books like *men are from mars*etc books, flirting books, relationship books, etc making millions of dollars/pounds. The internet/never met thing should be obvious, but with the rise of internet popularity, and stuff like facebook/twitter/msn, people are spending more and more time on the computer forging fake friendships and fake relationships. It's ridiculously easy, dangerously easy. In fact, far too easy that there should be far more awareness (especially for kids) on the dangerous of the internet.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I had no freaking clue about how to communicate with the opposite sex for pretty much all of my teenage years. I started dating at 17 and I had no idea what the hell to do about anything. I don't mind helping out with dating advice.

What I hate is the: "So dis grl in my math class dropped her pensil n when she picked it up we locked eyes duz this means she likez me?"
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi