+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girl (That I like) just said something that's over my head.

Girl (That I like) just said something that's over my head.

Today I was sitting talking with one of my best friends and I just happen to like her. We went on and in like we always do but this conversation went to new levels.

I posted a topic about This girl almost a month or two back and after hand decided to just let the friendship be, I didn't want to ruin it and since she has a boyfriend I didn't want to cause much tension. But anyway,

As we sat there and talked she ended up just saying, "You know, I truly like you, but more as a friend since I have a boyfriend. But, if you ever did get a girlfriend...I'd be sort of sad."

What does this mean? Isn't it sort of contradicting one another? Any help would be awesome.

She wants you to be her backup. :-/

Yes, some women string friends along as potentially a romance interest if their relationship doesn't work out. Basically, she wants to use you as an immediate rebound should things go sour. You have two choices. Ignore it, just be friends, and tell yourself you'll never go further then friendship with her. Or tell her you're not interested in her romantically, at all, which will likely lead to you getting sex but ruining the friendship at some point.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you had a girlfriend, she knows she would be seeing a lot less of you, and she values your friendship a lot. BUT, she isn't romantically interested in you.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Really, I don't care that much about sex. Am I the only teenage guy that thinks like that? Sometimes it feels as if I am and I'm 18.

I really like her, and really would love to be just friends. Although, I probably won't ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by smoothdude339 View Post
    As we sat there and talked she ended up just saying, "You know, I truly like you, but more as a friend since I have a boyfriend. But, if you ever did get a girlfriend...I'd be sort of sad."

What does this mean? Isn't it sort of contradicting one another? Any help would be awesome.
    It's very contradictory. If she has a boyfriend and doesn't want you as a boyfriend then what you do with your love life is none of her business. Perhaps she's a control freak?

Its possible she sees you as a potential mate. At your age the frontal lobes of the brain are still forming and you are lacking decision making processes. It varies in different people. And matures in the mid twenties. You definatley have a good friendship as is with her and since she already has a boy, you get to be the great friend until who knows when and by then if something is to blossom you will have all that much more history and no dissolving friendship.

Try to use good judgement. You all are raging with hormones and first everythings!