+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does it mean when a guy...

What does it mean when a guy...

Doesn't know what love is and when asked if he will ever love someone, he says "he hopes so".

He hugs, kisses me and tells me he likes me. People tell me he definitely loves me, but probably thinks too much.. He used to be with me 5 years back and we were so close, but he fell into depression and isolated himself..barely talked to me, dated a girl he a few months ago during that time, told me he had a crush on me while with her..she broke up with him 2 months after that - she didn't know. But then, he tells me he kinda likes her a little even though she doesn't like him at all or want to be friends.

I've been with some guys too in the past 5 years but didn't love them..I even have a boyfriend now of a few years and..well, I still think about my ex, always. I tried to block my ex out dozens of times..wished I would forget him and never stopped. All I keep thinking about every 5 seconds of my life is my ex..He's interested in me now if he has long 5 hour chats with me over aim, right? When before..he only had maybe 20 minute chats?

3 years ago, he said he liked me too..So, did he never stop? How can I get him to realize that he loves me. I know he loves me because he treats me like he does and always has.. and he makes me way happier than any of the other guys I've dated. Plus, this guy, he's the first guy that I love for him completely. The last guys I found stuff I wanted to change, but this guy..it's almost like the shoe fits perfectly, you know?

I don't want to force him to love me, but I don't know why he constantly tells me he likes me and hugs me even kisses me..even calls me hun when he doesn't with other girls only his ex..He's only been with her and me but he has crushed on a few others-he told me but that was 3 years ago..and he started liking me first way back when.. he wanted to be with me first..and with his ex, it was the opposite..she tried to get him to go out and then, he told me he started to like her..so they went out but he never talked to her every single day or saw her everyday.. with me, when i was with him, he talked to me EVERY day... you know?

So..what is this when he says he doesn't know what love is or if he ever will? I want him to just spit it out already when to me, it's obvious he loves me. All I can ever think about is him..if he doesn't say it soon, I'll definitely need a therapist. Always felt like I needed one but after this whole bit about him kissing me and hugging me, its gonna hurt if in a month from now, he still doesn't "love me". I don't even think he ever stopped loving me..what is this?!?!

Also, when we were together, he always told me he loved me..right now, he still says I love you, but he means it in a best-friend sorta way.
    But when asked about whether or not he loved me back then, his reply was, "I told you what I knew. I can't answer that now, but I know I told you what I thought was love."

Men..please help me, please. I know it's not exactly "normal", but please try to help me, thanks!
    Last edited by foreverxlove; 08-01-11 at 06:10 PM.

I even got confused in the middle of this text, not really gettting who is who.

Doesn't know what love is and when asked if he will ever love someone, he says "he hopes so".
    This says all, he does not loves you actually, maybe he's confused and you too. Talk to him to sort things out and don't have a boyfriend when you are always thinking about your ex, that sucks a lot and will eventually hurt him.
    "E ao imenso e possível oceano
    Ensinam estas Quinas, que aqui vês,
    Que o mar com fim será grego ou romano:
    O mar sem fim é português."

You seem to be posting an awful lot of topics in regard to men, different scenarios/situations....I'm hoping it's the 'same' guy you are making all these queries about, otherwise no offence, but you will start to come across as a bit of a slapper that people won't take seriously.

Why do females constantly feel that the bald statements of men need to be "interpreted"?

If a guy says "I hope so" when asked if he'll ever love anybody, that's what it means. Seriously. We're just not that deep.

If a guy says "I like you", that's what he means. You cannot MAKE someone love you. If he does, he does, and if he doesn't, he doesn't.

Same guy. He seems happy when around me..It's so confusing.
    I'm not trying to make him love me. I just feel with all my heart that he does love me.

I also am confused by the jest of your question.. like HIA said we just aint that deep when we say something thats what we mean in most cases. he says "i hope so" when you ask him dont think so much thats what he means it shouldnt be confusing. Think logically for a second i dont know a guy that will say i love you unless he knows for sure he does unless he is just tryin to get laid (tbh i have done that in the past) so sounds to me like he is at least bein honest with ya. quit being over emotional and take it for what it seems like it is from an outside perspective.... a good thing. I am sure at some point when he is sure that he does AND you stop pressuring the poor guy (not sure you are just seems like it) he will say it. as the betels once sang "let it be"

Quote Originally Posted by foreverxlove View Post
    Same guy. He seems happy when around me..It's so confusing.
    I'm not trying to make him love me. I just feel with all my heart that he does love me.
    Why worry about what it's called? You believe he does, he acts the way you want... relax and enjoy what you have.

Thank you. This advice was of great help and made me feel a bit better!