+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What is worse???

What is worse???

Never finding that person to share your life with...

or

Loving someone who doesn't love you back...

I'm feeling a bit lonely today...

I'd say 'loving someone who doesn't love you back'.

I aint afraid of being alone, hence why the former doesn't bother me.

at the moment i love someone who doesn't love me back and it ****ing sucks, so as above i'd say the later one is worse. open to change tho

Loving someone who doesn't love you back sucks!! and its painful too. Hope it never happens to me again, cause i found that person i want to share my life with

never knowing love would be tragic.

The second is much worse. When people beg, plead, cry to get their ex to stay with them it is a disaster. Someone who has decided that they are no longer into you will do things to hurt and break you unconsciously or consciously -- NEVER EVER stay with someone who has openly admitted and/or demonstrated that they don't love you back. I think the best option of all the ones above and this is going to be mean and potentially wrong is get someone that you don't love but loves you -- you won't be lonely -- and the person will be constantly trying to please you. Ever heard the old like 50/60s song that goes "if you want to be happy for life, then make an ugly girl your wife"....there is some sage advice there.

^^ lol, you serious?

I'd rather be alone than just settle for anybody. I wouldn't be happy and if I just had to settle and regardless if he loved me.

I want a healthy relationship and to be with someone I love - not for the sake of having someone.

I'd have to be desperate to just settle and desperate I aint.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    ^^ lol, you serious?

I'd rather be alone than just settle for anybody. I wouldn't be happy and if I just had to settle and regardless if he loved me.

I want a healthy relationship and to be with someone I love - not for the sake of having someone.

I'd have to be desperate to just settle and desperate I aint.
    Well sort of -- there are other things in life than looks. Sometimes we date people just because they are good people... But I was just throwing out an unpopular answer :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BeingAlpha View Post
    Well sort of -- there are other things in life than looks. Sometimes we date people just because they are good people... But I was just throwing out an unpopular answer :-)
    Do we? lol

I know looks aint everything. But looks are the initial attraction, harsh fact of reality. If looks didn't matter, then we could all go out and get involved with anybody that crossed our path.I could go out and date the ugliest, fattest, most repulisve man on the planet, which I couldn't do and no matter how nice or good he was, lol

I aint looking for a Brad Pitt and don't expect to find a Brad Pitt and a guy doesn't have to be Brad Pitt. But he's gotta physically appeal to my eye, else it's going nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    Do we? lol

I know looks aint everything. But looks are the initial attraction, harsh fact of reality. If looks didn't matter, then we could all go out and get involved with anybody that crossed our path.I could go out and date the ugliest, fattest, most repulisve man on the planet, which I couldn't do and no matter how nice or good he was, lol

I aint looking for a Brad Pitt and don't expect to find a Brad Pitt and a guy doesn't have to be Brad Pitt. But he's gotta physically appeal to my eye, else it's going nowhere.
    Listen we always see girls with guys that don't make sense physically and guys with girls that don't make sense physically -- it happens for one reason or another?? Money?? I don't know -- something had to happen. People also get more attractive the more you see them -- there is some sort of psychological thing with familiarity that I remember reading about.

Quote Originally Posted by BeingAlpha View Post
    Listen we always see girls with guys that don't make sense physically and guys with girls that don't make sense physically -- it happens for one reason or another?? Money?? I don't know -- something had to happen. People also get more attractive the more you see them -- there is some sort of psychological thing with familiarity that I remember reading about.
    Course we do. I've been involved with guys and been questioned as to what I see in them. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and my cuppa tea may not be yours, same as yours may not be mine. I'd agree that there are gold digging bitches though who are motivated by money.

Quote Originally Posted by want2heal View Post
    Never finding that person to share your life with...
    or
    Loving someone who doesn't love you back...
    The 2nd in much worse. Love is some sort of energy, and the cycle of energy is broken if we are not loved back. It's painful to accept. And if we don't accept it, we become our own enemies. It's not healthy.

Being single is healthy. If someone is not happy while being single, relationship will not fix it (and maybe will not last). And if you are optimistic (and it's your aim to find someone special), then you expect it to happen sooner or later. You don't have a moment to say that "never" as long as you live. So it's not that sad, because there is always a chance to change it.

I think they're both equally bad and the comparison is useless. Just be careful about whom you give your heart to and if you give your best efforts, then you shouldn't end up alone.

all of the above..