+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Vroom Vroom

Vroom Vroom

My girlfriend is a dare-devil, which is awesome and I love her for it.

However lately shes been going on regular motorcycle rides with her recently-licensed cousin (who has a huge incestious crush on her, but thats not the point) on his bike. Well I'm sorry to say that he's a careless and reckless driver and I'm extremely worried she might get hurt, or dear God heaven forbid, lose her life. *touch wood*

Everytime I told her I'm worried about it she kept replying with the same answer: "don't worry he's a good driver." One who plays with fire is bound to get burned sooner of later. In a way I can't stop her from going cause its her life, and I wouldn't dare of telling her to do so. Any ideas on what I should do?

This is what happens when guys have a lack of girls and spend 2 years stuck at home, they turn on their cousins.

You can only tell her about your concerns and then leave her to make up her own mind - you cannot control what she does. And I know how dangerous young people can be on motorbikes - I almost died on one at the age of 19 - and I was just the passenger

Boisdevie has it exactly. You can't control what she does. You can ask her to stop, and you can leave. If you don't leave, be prepared to pick up the pieces (or not) afterwards.

I guess theres no alternative. When she brings it up again I'll tell her that I'm worried about her safety =/

Quote Originally Posted by Terpy View Post
    he's a careless and reckless driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpy View Post
    "don't worry he's a good driver."
    Which is it then? Is he really a bad *motorcycle* rider, or does your girlfriend have poor judgment? It's one or the other. You say you love that she's a daredevil, so I'd assume that you think she's pretty capable of doing what she does. Maybe you can trust her a little more? Or if you can't, why can't she be trusted?

But by all means, tell her you fear for her safety because of him, but accept whatever reply she gives.

All you can do is encourage her to be safe.

Also, as far as I know, just because they're cousins, doesn't make it incest if they slept together. First cousins are allowed to marry in many states.

I think you're concerned for her because he's reckless, but you're also jealous because she's choosing to hang out with him over you.

No he is reckless, I've had both the opportunity of watching him drive, and rejecting a ride. Well yes I like that shes a dare devil cause shes pretty damn capable, VERY capable. But she is not in control in this situation, shes just a passenger, so I fear for her safety of course.

We're not from the states, and as far as I know incest is illegal here. (Just noticed I got my profile country flag all wrong). As far as jealousy goes believe me I don't even know myself. But they live in the same house so I'm guessing its normal for them to hang out a lot.

You cannot control what she does just as I can't control what my GF does - accept it bug out

Quote Originally Posted by cancankant View Post
    All you can do is encourage her to be safe.

Also, as far as I know, just because they're cousins, doesn't make it incest if they slept together. First cousins are allowed to marry in many states.
    Still 'blood' relatives and it's gross....and interbreeding with family can lead to having deformed kids.

I'd be worried about her too. I know of people who have died in motorcycle accidents. Still, I guess it's her life, she knowingly takes the risk.

Woops on the country.

I agree that it's a questionable activity to be "involved" with her cousin, but do you really think she is? Or are they just close?

As for the reckless behavior, maybe she will see that you care for her and that he is out of control driving that motorcycle.

Haha sleeping with one's cousin is nasty. I don't think she would want to, not that I care. But yea he certainly does =P

But yea I'm going to tell her about my concerns one final time and I'll leave it up to her.

Thanks for all your help guys, really appreciate it.