+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The guy I love doesn't give me enough attention..

The guy I love doesn't give me enough attention..

I mean, I'm not obsessed with being in the spotlight, but when he tells me he likes me a lot but doesn't call me first..why is this? It's really getting to me and making me feel as if he doesn't really like me, but just lying about it for some random reason. He hugs and kisses, but some days he won't at all..we aren't really together yet, but I would really like to be.

Yes, I wrote a post about this before, but now, It's getting worse..
    I mean, today I log on aim, he's on and he I-ms me first but after just 10 minutes of conversation, he says "be back soon, okay?" and then, doesn't come back and his name goes to idle. Then, I couldn't sleep so I waited up all night to see if he would come on in the morning and I saw his name sign off and he didn't reply to my messages that were right there...So, what does this mean? It hurts me lots, but I really truly know I love this guy because I love him for him. I love every little detail about him minus the ignoring me bit!

What should I think? He's at college half the day, but that doesn't mean he can't text me back or call me on breaks and when I saw him last, he didn't even hug me..Why? I'm NOT bragging, but I know I'm blessed with good looks and so, it can't be that he's not attracted to me as I know I'm definitely high on the scale. He tells me he loves my personality..but then, why not pursue me more?

He's holding back for some reason, it could be that he's not sure if he wants a relationship or he just has confused feelings, or he could have a lot going on in his life at the moment.
    Ask him how he honestly feels and be direct, ask him if he wants to be with you seriously then see what he says to that.

I'm curious, how old are you?

Sounds like you are a real narcissist - oh look at me arent' I so lovely. And you want him to call you? Why not call him?

Looks aint everything OP and you don't keep their interest with looks alone and looks don't form emotional connections....as you will learn when you mature and get older.

Sounds to me that he's losing interest.

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    I'm curious, how old are you?
    I'm betting on between 17 and 19 years old. At that age they tend to think that looks matter and that because they are good looking, it keeps a mans interest and him around.
    My sis used to think the same when she was 17.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    I'm betting on between 17 and 19 years old. At that age they tend to think that looks matter and that because they are good looking, it keeps a mans interest and him around.
    My sis used to think the same when she was 17.
    I was actually thinking more like 15-16...

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He's pulling away because you're a little over the top crazy about him. You "love him" sooo much right? He's not even your boyfriend... You need to get a life and by life I mean friends, hang out with said friends, join a club, go to the mall, play a sport etc. The busier you are the less crazy you will seem.

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    I was actually thinking more like 15-16...
    Ok...well 15 to 19 then, lol

big is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    asking him what he wants might be a good idea, your probably going to hear he dosent want anything, guys dont like saying they want a relationship. you need to be more passive aggressive. seeming needy is not a good trait. try to have more of an "I like you, but i dont need you mentality."

I do feel as if I am coming off as a bit too obsessed with him lately. I do try to hold back with calling him whenever I have free time, but I have such strong desires to be with him that I feel it impossible to hold back even slightly. I do have a life, actually, but lately, I'm letting him become my life..Not good, I know, but I have no idea how to take my mind off of him. I also regret telling him I like him. When he told me he liked me and I confessed the same, things changed..maybe he felt It was all too easy. Looks do matter in a relationship. I've been with plenty who liked me solely based on looks and nothing else and in the end, it hurt. I am not narcissistic as I don't go around thinking I own the world based on my looks. In a relationship, looks are the least important thing to me. I only mentioned looks to show you that it can't be something he doesn't like about me. I know I'm kind to him and I don't always make myself available to him, but I know with this guy, I give him more attention than any of my past boyfriends.
    Last edited by foreverxlove; 13-01-11 at 06:57 AM.

So he knows you like him, yet he's never asked to date you?

Don't think you are wasting your time in that case?

You are acting really obssesive. He's holding back because he sees how you act now.......imagine if you were actually in a relationship. Then what? You need to take away the crazy and add some balance to your life. He's only a PART of your life, what could you be doing with the other parts of your life instead of staying up all damn night to see if he signed back on to aim???????????

I don't think I'm wasting my time if he was the one who told me he liked me first. He told me he had to tell me something, was somewhat nervous and then, told me. He had also told me that he thought about me a lot and when I asked how often, he just replied "too much". He smiled when I told him I liked him too and when we DO talk, he's very kind and down-to-earth. When I'm with him, he sometimes holds my hand and leans on me..It doesn't seem hopeless to me because of this. I don't know, maybe he's just not ready for a relationship, but wants me to know he likes me? I can't figure this out myself. I'd ask but I'm sure he has some reason..