+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what do I do with myself?

what do I do with myself?

if you read my other post ("I don't know what to do, could really use some advice please ) you might know where I'm coming from, but if not, I'll try to summarize it. Last week my boyfriend told me he was falling out of love with me, didn't know if he wanted to be with me forever, basically ignored me for 4 days until I convinced him to give me some sort of an explanation or better understanding of the situation. so we talked and at first it was bad, he told me he didn't love me and didn't feel the same anymore, wasn't happy with the relationship, and wanted to be alone. I was completely shocked, heartbroken, had no idea this was coming, etc. We talked and talked and finally decided that we could try to work on things in our relationship, he admitted he still loved me but didn't want to keep saying it just yet and he needed some time, wanted to take things day by day and "go with the flow." since then he has promised to not ignore me, each day he has been texting me and we have been having normal conversations just about our day and what has been going on. it's basically like we're still together, only we don't say we love each other or call each other baby, sweetie, etc. and I haven't seen him since Sunday night.

my moods have been changing... I was extremely depressed since he 1st said he was falling out of love with me. I cried everyday, couldn't sleep, didn't eat, couldn't focus on anything else. once we talked, I felt a little bit better. I finally started eating again, and I can sleep more regularly. however, now I just feel moody and confused. one minute I will feel hopeful and optimistic, since he did say he wants to try to work on things. maybe time is just what it will take to make things better again. then my mood will change, I'll feel sad and empty and hopeless. I hate not seeing him or talking to him the same way, and I keep wanting to just tell him how badly I miss him and still love him, although I would never say that right now. it's hard getting used to not seeing him and talking as much, and I know it's something I have to get used to and deal with for a little while, but I don't know how to do it! I've been trying to put my focus on other things, not thinking about it so much and doing things for myself, but I'm an impatient person and especially with something like this, it's really difficult.

I don't want to lose him in any way, even if things do end. he still says that he cares about me a lot and wants me to be happy, and the other night he was saying that he doesn't want to lose me out of his life. I don't want to do anything that will jeopardize that, but I'm just still so confused! I feel so empty and numb. I can't really even cry anymore, I don't think I have any tears left. I just feel lonely and pointless. of course, right as this is happening, my best friend is out of the state, so I can't spend more time with her and try to get my mind off things. does anyone have any idea of ways I can try to just get this off my mind a little so I can feel better?

This might be difficult or sound ridiculous to you right now, you being all emotional and all but you do not want to make yourself seem needy. Even though you will like to express your feelings to him, do not! He probably just needs some space, the relationship might be moving too fast for him. He will definitely come around if he truly loves you.

Try working out. Do you currently work out? It can help with the stress. Working out also produces endorphins, which are like natural drugs that our body releases into our bloodstream that make us feel better. That could help you feel more alive and vibrant.
    no links in signatures, mmmk?