+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Long distance relationship problem :(

Long distance relationship problem :(

I've been with my bf in a long distance relationship for 4 months. We live 3 hours away, by train it costs 7 dollars to meet. We're both students, but he has his own place where he lives and doesn't go to university, just sits at home all day.
    We had some fights about when to meet, because he never seems to want to meet me, I always bring it up. At last, he said ok, we'll meet twice a month.
    Now it's been 2 weeks and he said nothing about meeting me. I'm tired of always bringing it up, once he said I'm too desperate to meet him. But I see he does nothing all day, so he's not busy or anything and he never says he misses me..
    Do you think this is normal? What should I do?

thank you!

I have basically no experience in these things, but if he truly liked you, surely he'd be putting more effort in to see you, or at least show more of an interest. Maybe you should leave it to him to ask to meet up and, if he doesn't, move on?

No, that doesn't sound normal. He might be lazy/ having someone else/ not THAT interested. You should stop seeing him and move on.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wait a bit more, he'll drop the university and he will have pleeeeeenty of time for you then

Seriously. It's clear that he doesn't care about you and your "relationship". What do you want to do about it now?
    I wazzzz here

So it costs 7 dollars on the train to meet and you only get together twice a month? Is he bored with you? Are you bored with him? I'm unemployed and it costs me the equivalent of 30 dollars to see my GF at the weekend - and I see her every weekend because we kinda like each other.

Someone putting no effort into seeing you, doesn't give a shit about you.

It aint rocket science.

Have you met him before? If so what's it like when you're both together?

If not, it seems as though he's reluctant to meet you, no doubt because he doesn't value the relationship as much as you do.

Yes, we've met several times and had a great time, at least that's what I think. It's confusing 'cause he says he wants a serious relationship with me, we talk on the phone at least one hour a day, on facebook he has a few pictures of me and that he's on a relationship ( so I don't think he's cheating..), but he doesn't want us to meet often. I think, in the end, I'm going to break up with him..

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well my bf's friend is with his gf since 10 year, is "in relationship" with her on fb ,but it didn't stop him from cheating on her with her own best friends. Some people are just bad, you should know it .
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by MissSalma View Post
    Yes, we've met several times and had a great time, at least that's what I think. It's confusing 'cause he says he wants a serious relationship with me, we talk on the phone at least one hour a day, on facebook he has a few pictures of me and that he's on a relationship ( so I don't think he's cheating..), but he doesn't want us to meet often. I think, in the end, I'm going to break up with him..
    Take no notice of what they say. Talk is cheap....actions count.

I have several ideas
    1) he is just such person, he doesn't think that it's necessary to see you weekly - I had such bf, and then I broke up with him...
    2) maybe he really has some 7$ problem? :S
    3) he isn't interested in meeting you anymore :?
    4) he is playing mmorpg and isn't interested anything else at all ...

It's very obvious. Break up with him without any regrets - enjoy it, because now you'll find someone worthwhile who wants to see you and who is more fun.