+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Met on a website

Met on a website

Hi -

I have a profile on "myyearbook.com", and check it at least once a day. I've been looking for girls that want to be in a relationship. For those familiar with the site, I usually play "blind date" and then just send a "hey what's up?" to the girls I match up with. I had one girl message me like a week after I had sent her anything, and we really hit it off from there. After a few messages, she gave me her number, and the next day we texted about 300 times. We called each other cute a lot, agreed to go out to arcade, mall, movies, etc. We really seemed to be into each other. That night she sent me some pictures of herself, and asked me to send her some of myself. She had already seen what I looked like on my profile, and I had seen her too. I sent her some, and she said they were cute. We talked a little bit more, and the last thing I got was "hold on, I'm driving." We haven't talked since then - its been two days. I would be worried that soemthing happened while she was driving, but her myyearbook profile is still being updated with statuses and pics. I've sent her 2-3 texts, and dropped her a message on myyearbook asking if everything was ok, that it says she read, but did not reply to. The last text I sent was "if you're ignoring me, please just tell me." It seems weird to think she'd just ignore me all the sudden, but that's what it appears to be. I'm worried she thought I was ugly in the pics or something, or is scared about how fast our talking moved into mutual attraction. What should I do? I think the obvious first step is NC for a few days, or a week. But what then? Just forget about it?

Could be that she didn't think you were attractive enough or could be that you came of as needy.

Especially by sending her numerous texts and leaving her messages on her profile. Girls don't go for that, it's a big red flag. For people in general really.

Cut contact with her completely and let her make the next move. If nothing happens it's not as if you've lost anything anyway.

Good luck.

Yeah you're right about the needy. I have a terrible time leaving things alone without getting answers. I don't think I seemed that way BEFORE she stopped responding though. Also is it not lame of her to just ignore me? This has happened to me before..with an ex and another girl. I realize I have some work to do on me but I hate how girls do this. Especially when I ask them and they won't just say "yes, please leave me alone" or something.

Send her a message on my yearbook
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Sounds to me that she didn't like the rest of the pics and because she stopped communicating and right after you sent them and no word since.

She'd seemed keen up until that point....right?

Probably is avoiding you now and because she's too kind, or afraid of hurting feelings if she comes clean.

Rather than keep on bugging, take her lack of response as a 'not interested' anymore because it's for the majority what it means.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    Sounds to me that she didn't like the rest of the pics and because she stopped communicating and right after you sent them and no word since.

She'd seemed keen up until that point....right?

Probably is avoiding you now and because she's too kind, or afraid of hurting feelings if she comes clean.

Rather than keep on bugging, take her lack of response as a 'not interested' anymore because it's for the majority what it means.
    Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Doesn't do a whole lot for my self confidence.

As for sending her a message - I did that once, she read and didn't reply. I think I'd rather just not communicate and leave it at that. I don't want to be so clingy.

Quote Originally Posted by chiknfingaz View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Doesn't do a whole lot for my self confidence.

As for sending her a message - I did that once, she read and didn't reply. I think I'd rather just not communicate and leave it at that. I don't want to be so clingy.
    Why let it knock your confidence? She is a mere woman out of millions of women on the planet - what does her opinion count for on the grand scale of thngs?? lol

We've all been there and been rejected at one time - we won't be everyones cuppa.

Think of it as her loss, not yours.

Hm yeah. I dunno it just sucks to hit it off and then abruptly stop. I haven't had much luck in the last 6 months or so.