+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My mysterous new girl...

My mysterous new girl...

Just started dating a 25 year old gal, I'm 30. We met through a WWW site. We have talked about 5 times and went out once. So far I'm quite fond of her she would be described as intelligent, goold looking and independent. Date went pretty well considering we had planned a lunch only and we made a whole afternoon of the date, she had open all night but I had to cut off early for a meeting. No kiss on first date but intimate hug with peck on cheek but she is a nice church girl and indicated she wanted a slow moving relationship before starting all of this... I know she had fun since we have a mutual friend that leaked the news to me and she called me 2 hours after the date to thank me again, make sure I was home safe and let me know she had fun. She has been sending texts on almost daily basis asking how I am, how is work etc. But I am having trouble getting her to commit to a second date where we actually spend time?? My friend who is my dating coach in a way - told me I need to make the second date within a week of the first or she may lose interest. I have asked her out twice and it seems she is pretty busy - do I wait for her to come to me at this point? I know I'm not being rejected but it's like I'm on the back burner maybe or she is truly busy? What is my next move? I feel like dating someone else and if she comes around good for her, but I don't feel like waiting at this point... It's been ten days almost since first date. My point is if I'm excited about someone I make room in my schedule if not I blow them off?? Is she just blowing me off in a nice way or ??? I'd like some insight!!!

Another question is, I have a beautiful home I have built from scratch (I'm a contractor) I feel it's a big asset and excellent look to my personality (hardworking with a knack for design). Should I be trying to incorporate a date at my home at this point or does that not sit well in the beginning. She knows I work on my house with quite a bit of my time and it's a major hobby of mine. I know she watches HGTV shows I do so she has interest in remodeling etc... My concern is, she is single living in a little rental place with a couple roomies (almost like college) and my life is a bit more established I don't want that to scare her away?? Obviously she knows the basics but when live alone in a place 4 times the size of her rental I don't want it to intimidating so when do I have her over to my house? She has asked me to send her pictures she is excited to see it. I also have a 4 plex in the city I rent out 3 of the units and have 1 studio for me that is really nice setup for me to crash in the city maybe I should have her down there I have not even told her about owning it yet??? It's tasteful but smaller like her place... My friend operating as the dating advisor says to keep her away that my places are so nice any girl is going to like a half-million dollar pad and I need to concentrate on her and I hitting it off and then bring her into my life. Any comments on this? I want to have her over right away personally.

Thanks for your help!!

Second date...not at home I'd say..she might think you're moving too fast.

I'd say outdoor activity..fun and laid back...
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

Your dating coach is talking crap - sometimes people have busy lives. I met my GF and the second date took place 3 weeks later and we're still together. I did the second date at my place but then we're not exactly young - I was 46 and she was 39. Somewhere neutral.

On another point, it sounds like you are obsessed with what you have in terms of property and money. Not all women really care about that - if you a rich dickhead as opposed to a medium salaried nice person then the second would probably win.