+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ideals and Moving Long Distance

Ideals and Moving Long Distance

So I am not the type to normally post on a forum, but I need some perspective on this before I really mess something up.

I have been seeing a girl for the past 6 months or so that lives in TX (I live in WA). When we are together, things have been great. When we were apart at first, things were great too. I wasn't looking to get into a long distance relationship at the time. I met her in WA, and we kept seeing each other because we really liked each other and we agreed that if things worked out she would move.

Well, going forward, she didn't move when she said that she was going to.. and things haven't been exactly as good as they were when we were first together since then. We have still been seeing eachother. Normally once per month she will fly up. We love eachother.

She is suppose to be moving again this month, but a couple of curve balls got thrown at me. She apparently thinks that she shouldn't have to pay any of her living expenses. We aren't married. We don't have kids. She still is planning on working. But she thinks that I should be paying for her room and board and everything else. She is very adamant about this. I think that it is absurd, and that I am not looking to be with someone that doesn't want to be an adult or wants a free ride. I am not familiar with a culture where this flies. Both of my parents worked and paid the bills. I have never even had to have this conversation with girlfriends that I have lived with in the past. From her perspective, "I am a man and am suppose to pay for everything." This kind of came out of left field, and I'm not sure that I can respect a woman that thinks like this. To make things even funnier, my company is in the middle of going under and I am a ball of stress right now. There is one other major issue too that we disagree on... which is the kids (not what you are thinking). We actually both don't want kids (which is good). But, again, in my experience when with another person that also didn't want kids, we agreed to abort if there was an accident so we don't mess up both of our lives or the childs. She doesn't seem to be able to handle that. I know that is controversial, and trust me I do not want to know anyone's opinion on it.

My question is, is it time to move on? I am not sure. I do love her, but I'm not sure that is enough for her or for me.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Move on.

My g/f is from a small town in Texas, and she doesn't expect any free ride.

Let go to a fool that's willing to dish out for this gold digger, or with any luck, let her die without reproducing so we don't have anymore of these idiots influencing American culture.

Actually if she lets you put it in her butt and is willing to suck you off afterward, it might be worth it.

Otherwise, no.

Run dont walk and if you do happen to have sex again use a condom
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Move on.

My g/f is from a small town in Texas, and she doesn't expect any free ride.

Let go to a fool that's willing to dish out for this gold digger, or with any luck, let her die without reproducing so we don't have anymore of these idiots influencing American culture.

Actually if she lets you put it in her butt and is willing to suck you off afterward, it might be worth it.

Otherwise, no.
    Your an idiot can tell by your immature answer
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

That's her opinion on some major issues, if you don't agree on that, it's better to move on.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetkissesforu View Post
    Your an idiot can tell by your immature answer
    And you're from Ontario, so nobody cares what you have to say.