+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: why are you guys like this?!

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    I don't know if that would really change anything, but if it ever changes, we'll see. And my male friends pretty much go to watch soccer every time they go out, so yeah, most of the times, I don't like to be with them.
    Of course you don't know, either way it doesn't matter.
    Open minded and level headed people base their opinions and perceptions on experience.

This discounts your "what if" and "unlikely" scenarios because you've never faced the urge of testosterone
    exploding in the form of strong sexual feelings towards a female friend you find attractive (even after having sex)

I don't know you at all, but based on what you say it sounds odd you don't like to do what your other
    male friends like to do. I don't mean it's odd you don't like soccer...I love to play football, but to watch it to me is boring.
    Same with baseball, and golf (perceived boring sports) However I don't understand why if you like certain activities (besides talking to women?)
    would it be improbable to find like minded males who like similar activities that you like or are involved in?

I think it's a very bad idea to be friends with a LOT of females, and not with males.
    If you aren't found attractive by your surrounding female company then it stands to reason you're
    Mr. Nice Guy. They always usually finish last, always are "there" as an ear to be an emotional tampon...
    Then they kiss you on the cheek, and thank you for being "such a good friend" while your virginity remains untouched.

I mean I think it's awesome to wait for the right person, but the urges (you seem to omit) from having weird me out.

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    However I don't understand why if you like certain activities (besides talking to women?)
    would it be improbable to find like minded males who like similar activities that you like or are involved in?

I mean I think it's awesome to wait for the right person, but the urges (you seem to omit) from having weird me out.
    Oh, I do have male friends, I actually have some who like pretty much the same stuff I do and I can hang out with and have fun, but those are much older (15-20years) than me and have families and stuff, so I don't go out with them very often. The friends I am usually with at work and university are guys, and the ones I usually go out are a group with both guys and girls (in pretty much equal proportion).

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    Oh, I do have male friends, I actually have some who like pretty much the same stuff I do and I can hang out with and have fun, but those are much older (15-20years) than me and have families and stuff, so I don't go out with them very often. The friends I am usually with at work and university are guys, and the ones I usually go out are a group with both guys and girls (in pretty much equal proportion).
    Then cool! It's just you mentioned having a lot of female friends with no mention of male friends at first.
    If you are good with being friends with females and don't mix platonic friendship with more personal feelings, then good for you.

The solution to your problem is simple: don't give out your phone number to random males and don't add them as friends on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    Yeah, I know it's corny but this is what I feel the world needs. Kindness and affirmation, not arguing, anger, bitterness or
    meaningless sex...I'm crazy right?
    you have alot of good advice! it seems like you've gone through a bunch of experiences, and you know what you're talking about. that grandma story was so sweet, I can't believe someone would be so disrespectful to their own grandmother

Men are dogs. Rebound sex is easy. Men are dogs.
    How did everyone get wind of your breakup so quickly? Are you all the telepathic type who share mind information instantly? Oh i forgot there's facebook.
    Back in college, when my good friends broke up, I ended up taking sides with the girl. It was completely innocent, and nothing happened. She was genuinely
    my good friend. When your guy friends want to move in on you, then they are not really good friends. Friends are gender-neutral in your heart....and rare too.
    Stay away from dudes with motives. They are dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaius View Post
    Men are dogs. Rebound sex is easy. Men are dogs.
    How did everyone get wind of your breakup so quickly? Are you all the telepathic type who share mind information instantly? Oh i forgot there's facebook.
    Back in college, when my good friends broke up, I ended up taking sides with the girl. It was completely innocent, and nothing happened. She was genuinely
    my good friend. When your guy friends want to move in on you, then they are not really good friends. Friends are gender-neutral in your heart....and rare too.
    Stay away from dudes with motives. They are dogs.
    No, you're a dog, not all guys are like you, deal with it.

Next!

Quote Originally Posted by ashley89 View Post
    LOL so I only broke up with my boyfriend a week ago. already I have these old guy friends/hookups coming out of the woodwork trying to text me all the time and ask to hang out. even new ones I'm just meeting, and who have girlfriends... what the hell? and one of my ex's old friends who he doesn't talk to anymore got a drink with me tonight and tried to kiss me... it's like seriously, I just got over this breakup and I'm not into anybody right now, not for awhile... and it's like I'm trying to fling them all off of me. it's fun to get the attention again but it's so overwhelming... I need my space! LOL

Why have space, why not just use the attention, get a few flings in there and enjoy yourself. It's not written in stone anywhere that you have to have a relationship with any of them. Take advantage of it.....I sure would.

Quote Originally Posted by ashley89 View Post
    you have alot of good advice! it seems like you've gone through a bunch of experiences, and you know what you're talking about. that grandma story was so sweet, I can't believe someone would be so disrespectful to their own grandmother
    Girl, I've done it all and had it all done to me!
    It's one thing to actually go through horrible experiences when you're the good guy or simply "nice" and get hurt but I think it's an entirely
    different beast altogether to actually be the one using, abusing, lying, cheating, deceiving, THEN learn that this is wrong (not just by someone telling you it's wrong) or
    "you should just know" ya know? When people are so self absorbed they don't stop and think twice while hurting the person that loves them...

I can't believe how hurtful people can be towards someone who has lived an amazing life, had to go through many things and then suddenly gets verbally attacked
    and insulted by HER grandchild of all people??? Not in my world!

I'm a complete softy when it comes to our elders getting disrespected when they're the ones who really command respect by their examples.
    My grandma raised me since birth as her own son...The biggest bond I'd ever had...Sadly she had CHF, and had a heart attack that should have killed her.
    I left my career to take care of her and be there for her 24/7 -thankfully her will and the support she received enabled her to bounce back and defy the "experts" prognosis'

She truly was the finest example of a Saint if there ever was one -and I strive to be just like her...in hopes of seeing her and being reunited with her once again.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Why have space, why not just use the attention, get a few flings in there and enjoy yourself. It's not written in stone anywhere that you have to have a relationship with any of them. Take advantage of it.....I sure would.
    She had flings: in HS.
    Maybe, just maybe she doesn't want to jump right into another meaningless relationship?
    Maybe she wants to enjoy herself, and the company of friends who care about how she feels, not how she moans?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234