+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is it my friend?

is it my friend?

ok from the title your probably thinking that its another "i'm in love with my friend" thing but its not.

heres the deal. at my high school people are separated into groups (friend wise) and its normally locked(no movement).
    anytime something happens and a new girl comes into our group, my best friend goes out with her before i get the chance. he doesn't try to do that, it just happens. anyways seeing how my friend was already with them it wouldn't feel right asking them out. the only exception happened with a girl that was emotionally scared and wouldn't let anything happen between us.

what should i do? is my friend c*ck blocking me? how can i get a girlfriend with every "possible" girl taken?

Wait til you're out of high school!

I know it sounds like that will take FOREVER, but I really think dating in high school can be overly romanticized. Yes, without a girlfriend in high school you might feel a bit behind your friends. But once you hit 18 and college, whole new opportunities open up: mostly importantly, you will have access to LOTS more girls without a lot of the social hierarchy bs that goes on in high school.

So here's my suggestion: learn how to flirt. Do this outside school. Try out some flirting techniques you find online with the check out girl, the movie theater usher, maybe even an older woman like the school secretary. This means you can develop some social skills with how to interact with females without the pressure of turning them into your girlfriend. (Flirting with the secretary will teach you how to be charming and complimentary without coming across as overly sexual or skeevy.)

With these skills, once you're out of high school and get the opportunity to meet a lot more girls, you won't feel as nervous interacting with them, and you'll feel confident from your years of practice. Use high school as practice, and college as the real game time.