+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Her ex-boyfriend

Her ex-boyfriend

Hi everyone!

So, this is my situation. I have been dating this girl for like 3 months already, and I think we are really going well. As a matter of fact, I was going to ask her to be my GF a couple weeks ago, until I found something about her and her ex-boyfriend.

The thing is that she broke with her ex like 2 or 3 weeks before she started dating with me (so, i guess she didn't have enough time to "recover"?), so it was perfectly normal to me that she used to talk about him from time to time (for instance, she told me about the last Christmas' eve they were at his house, etc). Of course it annoyed me, but hey, I thought it was OK, right? I mean she promised me that she was totally over him.

The thing is that a friend of mine (who happens to be also a friend of the ex) told me that they are STILL seeing each other! I mean she never told me they were stiil seeing each other (even though she told me that they were still "friends"). My friend even showed the Facebook Wall of the ex-boyfriend (which I can't see in my fb) and there are posts from her every three or four days.

What am i supposed to do now? i want to confront her BUT can't tell her how I know that she still hangs out with her ex, because my friend made me promise that she doesn't want to be involved into this (she doesn't want to look as a "traitor" or something like that, and I perfectly understand that), and there is no other way I could've found out that my girl is still seeing her ex.

I thought maybe I could ask her "hey, are you still hanging out with your ex?" and if she says "No" then I'll know she is lying, but i don't know if that's a good way to "confront" her???

Thanks in advance!!

Ask her if she wants to be exclusive in a relationship with you, and if she says yes great! if she says no then you know to move on. If she does say yes and you find out through your mutual friend that she's continuing to see her ex even though you said you were exclusive then you know shes lying (and by then cheating) and you can either confront her then or break it off.
    Best case scenario is you making it exclusive with her will give her the push she needs to cut contact with the ex.
    Until you make it verbally agreed that you are exclusive she's technically not doing anything wrong by you by keeping in touch with her ex.

Hope that helps

Ask the friend if he knows if they have been seeing each other in the real world as well. And ask her about it too
    You've been dating for 3 months but she is not your girlfriend yet. Has anything sexual ever happened and are you sure she wants to be with you?

I wouldn't go off 'hearsay' from a friend and because there are people out there who just like to cause trouble and where there isn't any.

Your best idea is to confront her and ask her if she is still seeing her ex and you want some honest answers.