+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should i text her again?

Aah, it's you! Was wondering how that would work out. Wait a few days still and see if she texts you first. If not, send her one and see how she responds. Positive replies/ones with questions for you are generally good. Don't ask her out straight away though, don't want to seem like a keen bean.

Edit: ^ Yea, was kinda thinking that when I read through the first post. Her replies do appear to be fairly short and she doesn't seem to ask you anything in return. Looks a tad one-sided at the minute from what you've written. Wait a few days then give it one last go, ask her out maybe, but be prepared for a no ty and get ready to start looking for someone else. Gl
    Last edited by Mongoose; 24-01-11 at 08:31 AM.

FNM is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Definitely not tonight. You've texted her too much recently and her response has been bad. You need to leave her alone for 5 days, I'd say. I doubt she'll text you in that time, but she might - then you have another chance to show that you're a cool, laid back guy. If she doesn't contact you, text her after the first day. Just ask if she's all better.

Once there is a reasonable flow to the conversation, either ask her out over text or if you're feeling confident, call her about it. Just a simple date - coffee or something equally casual. I wouldn't bother asking her out for dinner or something like that at this stage.

Be nonchalant about it and make it clear that it's no big deal to you whether she accepts or not.

Don't bother talking about her to any of her friends, she'll find out and it'll ultimately make her less attracted to you.

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    He's all yours.
    This whole scenario makes zero sense at all.

When he initiated contact she avoided him.
    He asked if she needed anything because she felt like crap; her response? I'm alright!!!??? Oh Kay!

The communication between the two of them lacks big time, texting or no texting it doesn't matter.
    How does it not make sense? 2 nights after I met her she stayed the night. How did I initiate contact and she avoided me?

Quote Originally Posted by FNM View Post
    Definitely not tonight. You've texted her too much recently and her response has been bad. You need to leave her alone for 5 days, I'd say. I doubt she'll text you in that time, but she might - then you have another chance to show that you're a cool, laid back guy. If she doesn't contact you, text her after the first day. Just ask if she's all better.

Once there is a reasonable flow to the conversation, either ask her out over text or if you're feeling confident, call her about it. Just a simple date - coffee or something equally casual. I wouldn't bother asking her out for dinner or something like that at this stage.

Be nonchalant about it and make it clear that it's no big deal to you whether she accepts or not.

Don't bother talking about her to any of her friends, she'll find out and it'll ultimately make her less attracted to you.
    I understand giving it a few days. But 5! I told her monday I was gonna take her out this coming week...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by nukl92 View Post
    I understand giving it a few days. But 5! I told her monday I was gonna take her out this coming week...
    Yes five, five is nothing - it'll show that you're busy doing other stuff and that she's not the only thing in your life. It's way better that she thinks that (true or not) than her thinking that you're constantly pining over her and thinking that whatever happens between you and her defines your mood.

It doesn't matter that you told her you'd take her out this week. If she wants that to happen, you'll hear from her.

Can I make it 4? Lol. Well I trust u FNM I just don't know if ill b able to wait 5 days. I just hope she texts me. If we get married I guess I owe u one lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Aah, it's you! Was wondering how that would work out. Wait a few days still and see if she texts you first. If not, send her one and see how she responds. Positive replies/ones with questions for you are generally good. Don't ask her out straight away though, don't want to seem like a keen bean.

Edit: ^ Yea, was kinda thinking that when I read through the first post. Her replies do appear to be fairly short and she doesn't seem to ask you anything in return. Looks a tad one-sided at the minute from what you've written. Wait a few days then give it one last go, ask her out maybe, but be prepared for a no ty and get ready to start looking for someone else. Gl
    The replies lately have been pretty short but I guess she just wasn't really feeling too well because the first few nights she asked questions and was way more engaged

Users Country Flag
    Can I make it 4? Lol. Well I trust u FNM I just don't know if ill b able to wait 5 days. I just hope she texts me. If we get married I guess I owe u one lol
    Make it 4 days if you want. But realise that the less time you leave it, the more she'll remember you as a pest and the less likely it is that she'll contact you first.

If I were in your position, I'd be pulling myself totally out of her life for at least 2 weeks. I recommended 5 days because, clearly, you couldn't hold off for that long.

Make it 4 days if you want. But realise that the less time you leave it, the more she'll remember you as a pest and the less likely it is that she'll contact you first.

If I were in your position, I'd be pulling myself totally out of her life for at least 2 weeks. I recommended 5 days because, clearly, you couldn't hold off for that long.
    I just don't get it. Im harmlessly texting a girl to see how her day is. That doesn't seem over aggressive or smuggling to me. Idk, I just don't get it. Keep in mind, were in college, were not out in the real world looking to settle down, Idk I just don't get it. Im very tempted to call her today or tomorrow and see if she wanted to go out for lunch

Users Country Flag
    I just don't get it. Im harmlessly texting a girl to see how her day is. That doesn't seem over aggressive or smuggling to me. Idk, I just don't get it. Keep in mind, were in college, were not out in the real world looking to settle down, Idk I just don't get it. Im very tempted to call her today or tomorrow and see if she wanted to go out for lunch
    Clearly, I'm flogging a dead horse here - I get the strong impression that you already know how you want to handle the whole situation and you're just searching for approval from others. People have given you good advice, on this thread and your other - none of them are telling you to keep contacting and pestering her. It just isn't a good idea.

Nevertheless, I'll try and justify my advice one last time:

Over the past few days, you've been texting this girl a lot, right? But her reciprocation is nowhere near the level that indicates that she likes you - in fact, it seems that she's not really into you at all. She's ignoring texts and she's not biting when you offer to take her out. I don't care how shy she is and I couldn't care if you're in a retirement home or kindergarten, dude - if she likes you, even a little bit, she would text you back, she would take you up on your date offer. Alright, she's ill right now (is that even for sure?), but she'd be making an effort to arrange something for when she's better.

So, we've established that she just isn't into you right now. At this point, you can cut your losses and give up on her, forget she exists (definitely the best idea). Or, if you really have to, you can keep trying - I wouldn't advise it though.

If you are going to try and win her over, you need to come across as a guy with way higher value than you are right now. It might seem like a 'harmless text' to ask how her day is, but it quite simply isn't. You're showing her that she's in your mind, which is fine when you're in a relationship, but you aren't, not even close. Not only that, but you're not showing her that your a guy who has plenty of other things to care about.

So, you need to show her what a great, valuable guy you are. Now, you can't do this immediately, because it would be too much of a transition from your neediness. You need to stay out of her way for a while. She'll begin to forget you being this needy, unattractive guy and after a while you can come back and show her that you're actually a cool person, with lots going for you. You can demonstrate that whatever happens between the two of you is no big deal - she's going to be 10000% more attracted to you if she thinks that she has little to no influence over your mood. But right now, this constant texting and asking out is just showing her that she defines your life, and that is going to be so unattractive to her.

If I were you, I'd follow my advice, or anyone else's advice on here - it's better than your own plan. But if you want to do what you want to do, do it. I guarantee that you will fail. Guarantee.
    Last edited by FNM; 25-01-11 at 05:50 AM.

Clearly, I'm flogging a dead horse here - I get the strong impression that you already know how you want to handle the whole situation and you're just searching for approval from others. People have given you good advice, on this thread and your other - none of them are telling you to keep contacting and pestering her. It just isn't a good idea.

Nevertheless, I'll try and justify my advice one last time:

Over the past few days, you've been texting this girl a lot, right? But her reciprocation is nowhere near the level that indicates that she likes you - in fact, it seems that she's not really into you at all. She's ignoring texts and she's not biting when you offer to take her out. I don't care how shy she is and I couldn't care if you're in a retirement home or kindergarten, dude - if she likes you, even a little bit, she would text you back, she would take you up on your date offer. Alright, she's ill right now (is that even for sure?), but she'd be making an effort to arrange something for when she's better.

So, we've established that she just isn't into you right now. At this point, you can cut your losses and give up on her, forget she exists (definitely the best idea). Or, if you really have to, you can keep trying - I wouldn't advise it though.

If you are going to try and win her over, you need to come across as a guy with way higher value than you are right now. It might seem like a 'harmless text' to ask how her day is, but it quite simply isn't. You're showing her that she's in your mind, which is fine when you're in a relationship, but you aren't, not even close. Not only that, but you're not showing her that your a guy who has plenty of other things to care about.

So, you need to show her what a great, valuable guy you are. Now, you can't do this immediately, because it would be too much of a transition from your neediness. You need to stay out of her way for a while. She'll begin to forget you being this needy, unattractive guy and after a while you can come back and show her that you're actually a cool person, with lots going for you. You can demonstrate that whatever happens between the two of you is no big deal - she's going to be 10000% more attracted to you if she thinks that she has little to no influence over your mood. But right now, this constant texting and asking out is just showing her that she defines your life, and that is going to be so unattractive to her.

If I were you, I'd follow my advice, or anyone else's advice on here - it's better than your own plan. But if you want to do what you want to do, do it. I guarantee that you will fail. Guarantee.
    I appreciate the explanation. Im not trying to disagree with anyone on here but I guess im just not good at this stuff lol. Btw, I never even really asked her out. When she stayed the night, it was her idea, and when I invited her to go to the basketball game with me when she was sick, I was just trying to b nice. And yes, I guess I am trying to get approval of my plan

Users Country Flag
    I appreciate the explanation. Im not trying to disagree with anyone on here but I guess im just not good at this stuff lol. Btw, I never even really asked her out. When she stayed the night, it was her idea, and when I invited her to go to the basketball game with me when she was sick, I was just trying to b nice. And yes, I guess I am trying to get approval of my plan
    Inviting her to the ball game = asking her out.
    "I told her monday I was gonna take her out this coming week..." = asking her out.

Inviting her to the ball game = asking her out.
    "I told her monday I was gonna take her out this coming week..." = asking her out.
    Touche my friend. Y do relationships have to b so Damn complicated? U like me? Ya, do u like me? Ya. Ok I can't talk to u for a week because then u might not like me.... lol i I guess if this stuff was easy we wouldn't need these forums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12