+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What would you think of this FB message?

What would you think of this FB message?

What should a girl make of a wall message on FB from someone she dated 14 years ago for less than 2 months?

I wanted to visit your wall and drop a Hi, Hello, and also just say Im glad I knew you. I always loved the way you laughed and smilled.

We haven't spoken or seen each other in well over a decade.

I wouldn't make too much of it. Probably always had a thing for you and is testing the waters.

Yeah, that's what I got out of it. Just that my wall seems like an odd choice of venue.

Obviously he's never forgotten you, despite it being a short fling.

He's sent it probably hoping you will respond.

Probably a thing for you they've had lingering in the back of their mind. Testing the waters for sure.
    Love and Inspiration - www.loveninspiration.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Love-and-Inspiration/182247438490558

Testing the waters. Just ignore it.

You obviously left an impression on him he hasn't forgotten. He's testing the waters.

Or he was bored and is just stupidly posting on all his friends walls, I have random friends that do that. But no girl that I dated for a month 10+ yrs ago.

Newly single and lookin for old contacts. Someone did the same thing to me, but actually phoned me out of the blue. We chatted for a bit I told him I was with the same guy blah blah blah and gave him my email address to keep in touch. He never contacted me again lol.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Newly single and lookin for old contacts. Someone did the same thing to me, but actually phoned me out of the blue. We chatted for a bit I told him I was with the same guy blah blah blah and gave him my email address to keep in touch. He never contacted me again lol.
    That's the weird thing. He's NOT newly single. He's been single at least since July. In June I finally set up a Facebook account. He saw me as a mutual FB friend of a mutual friend and friended me in July. No message, no further contact. I thought it was a little odd he friended me, but no big deal. It's like he's wooing me at a glacial speed and I can't even say no because he hasn't SAID anythig.

^I can't understand why someone would want to contact and if it was just a 'fling' and because my past flings mean and meant nothing to me....hence is why they became nothing more than 'flings'.

But some people do have exes from the past who they may share a lot of history with...and those people can return again. I think it's quite normal and to get in touch with people we may still think fondly of. Not that I've ever done it, but I've had an ex return after 10 years.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 27-01-11 at 12:09 AM.

Yeah, I appreciate someone remembering me fondly, as long as they know the past is past. I remember most of the people who have touched my life fondly. And this message was right on the border of a platonic and nostalgic message I might send to someone and an attempt to see if we could pick up where we left off. I want to believe it's the former, because the latter is incredibly sad to me. I would like to see anyone I have ever cared about healthy and happy and having moved on thoroughly. I know this guy felt I broke his heart when I broke up with him all those years ago, but I had imagined he would get past it at least a decade ago.

I am a girl, but from my experience listening to guy friends and their problems, usually they want to say something to a girl but never get the guts to, and so they keep bugging about it until they finally say something and applying it to your case, I'd say he's wanted to say something for a while, he just didn't know what, it has after all been 10+ years, so finally he's like, what the hell, I'll just say something and see where it goes.

Eh maybe he's testing the waters, but he may just be having a nostalgic/gushy moment. In certain moods, I can go on about all the things I enjoyed about people I haven't spoken to for years. Just sounds like he remembers you fondly and wished for you to know it. Maybe comment "thanks nice to hear from you!" and forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by Take2 View Post
    Yeah, I appreciate someone remembering me fondly, as long as they know the past is past. I remember most of the people who have touched my life fondly. And this message was right on the border of a platonic and nostalgic message I might send to someone and an attempt to see if we could pick up where we left off. I want to believe it's the former, because the latter is incredibly sad to me. I would like to see anyone I have ever cared about healthy and happy and having moved on thoroughly. I know this guy felt I broke his heart when I broke up with him all those years ago, but I had imagined he would get past it at least a decade ago.
    I think that sometimes, certain things can jog their memories that remind them of us, will make them think about us. Certain songs I hear playing, can take me back to my youth, or get me thinking of a certain guy. But I don't take it further than just remembering.

I know that when my ex came back, he reckoned he'd seen me at the Metro Centre a few weeks prior to getting in touch with me. I told him that it couldn't have been me....I hadn't been to the Metro in over 7 years!!! LOL So I reckon that is why he started thinking about me...he 'thought' he'd seen me.

It was good to catch up with him though I guess.

shes lonely...probably just got out of a relationship...