+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A single rose or a bunch of flowers for valentines? - need some advice

Quote Originally Posted by eonbar View Post
    single rose, no chocolates ... flirtacious note saying the other 11 are waiting for you at dinner tonight, my place, im cooking or something ...

wham.
    rose.
    potential date.
    indication whether she feels the same way by whether she turns up to the date.

easy?
    They are from a 'secret admirer....to turn up for a date, she'd have to know who sent it and it wouldn't be secret anymore.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 26-01-11 at 03:31 AM.

So you secretly admire this woman? Grow some balls and talk to her.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    They are from a 'secret admirer....to turn up for a date, she'd have to know who sent it and it wouldn't be secret anymore.
    good point... however cos he said: "I dont know her very well and the flowers would be sent anonymously but with enough info for her to figure out who they r from" then i assume hes not planning on keeping it secret anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by eonbar View Post
    good point... however cos he said: "I dont know her very well and the flowers would be sent anonymously but with enough info for her to figure out who they r from" then i assume hes not planning on keeping it secret anymore?
    ....but what if she doesn't figure it out?? lol

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    ....but what if she doesn't figure it out?? lol
    again this is true ...
    i guess i just had a pre-conception about secret valentines. basically, unless they know its you, what the **** is the point?

she'll figure it out. I am sure. this will be good fun. and please i dont need advise on what to do with my situation other than wanting to know the amount of roses to send. i am not shy. far from it. infact i think my confidence might even scare this chick. i ll talk to her when the time is right. just wanna have some fun with this for the time. as i said. in no rush. doubt she is going anywhere. i am not stalkarish either as someone suggested here. I know where to draw the lines.

back to the topic in hand. I am leaning to towards sending a single rose. it will have to be one hell of a rose though.

Quote Originally Posted by shane_king View Post
    she'll figure it out. I am sure. this will be good fun. and please i dont need advise on what to do with my situation other than wanting to know the amount of roses to send. i am not shy. far from it. infact i think my confidence might even scare this chick. i ll talk to her when the time is right. just wanna have some fun with this for the time. as i said. in no rush. doubt she is going anywhere. i am not stalkarish either as someone suggested here. I know where to draw the lines.

back to the topic in hand. I am leaning to towards sending a single rose. it will have to be one hell of a rose though.

Cool, man cool.
    I'd send her her favorite flower, even if it weren't a rose.
    Then you could dress it up in baby's breath, a nice bow and the transparent paper.

Single rose for someone you are not dating yet. You better send it soon because red roses sell out on Valentines Day or you pay a premium. A doz red roses can go for $100 plus.

My ex used to give me one long stemmed rose. I preferred that to a dozen roses. Seemed more romantic to me that way. Maybe send it in a vase.

If he was going to send me a bouquet, he usually sent me my favourite flowers - lilies. So if her favourite flower is a rose, a bouquet might be best, but I think one is truly stunning.
    Last edited by Lisa_Smiles; 28-01-11 at 10:36 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12