+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A single rose or a bunch of flowers for valentines? - need some advice

A single rose or a bunch of flowers for valentines? - need some advice

I hope some of you can help. Valentines is coming close and I intend to send some flowers to this girl who I secretly admire. I dont know her very well and the flowers would be sent anonymously but with enough info for her to figure out who they r from.

The trouble is that I would I be sending these to her workplace and I am debating about whether to send her a dozen roses and chocos or make it look a little discreet and sent out a nicely presented single* rose with a small box of chocolates. I am not sure whether receiving a bunch of flowers at her workplace may embarass or make her feel unconfortable. would it? Would it make less of an impression if I only sent her a single rose which some chocolates? I dont want her to think that I am cheapskate avoiding to spend money for flowers on her. Is there a chance she might think that? I dont have a prob either way and my only concerned she might feel embarassed receiving a bunch of flowers. Her work place is a bit of a formal place...i think

look forward to hearing from u soon and thank u all in advance

If it were me, one rose or a dozen would make no difference if a guy I had feelings for took the time, effort, and thought to do something special for me. If you think a dozen might make her feel uncomfortable in the workplace then send one rose.

a single rose is more mysterious to me,
    a dozen roses might be overwhelming...
    very sweet idea

I think it's cheezy to be a secret admirer.
    It says you don't have the balls to break the ice in person, so cute little gifts are used instead of natural chemistry.
    The contrived notion of someone loving flowers, who somehow thinks your such an awesome guy when you she doesn't feel as you do seems stalker-ish.
    This can turn into major awkwardness if she doesn't feel the same for you, why put yourself and her through that?

The only way I'd see if this works is if you two like each other already and you both know it.
    A dozen is overkill dude!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    A single rose, wrapped in its original cheap plastic like you'd get at the grocery store is tacky. If you must give a rose, have the florist re-wrap it with some new greenery and a pretty bow. Make sure the base of the rose is firm (instead of squishy) or it will be dead in 24 hours. Forget the chocolates. It's overkill if a girl doesn't already like you.

I think you should hand-deliver it, and tell her you'd like to take her for coffee sometime.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    It says you don't have the balls to break the ice in person, so cute little gifts are used instead of natural chemistry.
    And the best part is, because he's sending it secretly, she doesn't know who or where it comes from.

I'd probably be flattered...but at same time hoping it didn't come from the fat, spotty, spectacled guy who I just had no attraction too, lol

This can turn into major awkwardness if she doesn't feel the same for you, why put yourself and her through that?...
    Exactly!

Would it make less of an impression if I only sent her a single rose which some chocolates? I dont want her to think that I am cheapskate avoiding to spend money for flowers on her.....
    She will be more wondering where they came from, rather than what it is, how many there are, ohh dear, no chocolates, or how expensive it was I would have thought...

And she will be hoping to god, that it isn't the office ugly guy who sent them

thanks for those who have replied so far. would like some more comments. btw i am not that "fat spotty spectacled guy, not ugly(so I've been told), and definitely not someone with no balls. our current situation/time isn't right and I do not wish to come on strong by just asking her out for a drink or something. sometimes things are aren't that simple. there will be a note to go with the flowers that will hint to her as to who I am. I m not in a rush and I'd like to play with this a little. As for the awkwardness if she doesn't feel the same about me? well who cares. i ll get over it. you only live once and I certainly won't have any regrets

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by shane_king View Post
    thanks for those who have replied so far. would like some more comments. btw i am not that "fat spotty spectacled guy, not ugly(so I've been told), and definitely not someone with no balls. our current situation/time isn't right and I do not wish to come on strong by just asking her out for a drink or something. sometimes things are aren't that simple. there will be a note to go with the flowers that will hint to her as to who I am. I m not in a rush and I'd like to play with this a little. As for the awkwardness if she doesn't feel the same about me? well who cares. i ll get over it. you only live once and I certainly won't have any regrets
    I'd regret it if everyone told me not to do it and I did it, then they were right.

hmm.. imo, its better to send a rose since you two arent that close yet for her to accept an expensive gift?, send her a rose and a chocolate that is fairly expensive to compensate the 1 flower gift. you would want to be discreet as nothing is official between you two at the moment. simplicity is sweet especially when accompanied with the right words
    http://www.antileon-ent.com/sex

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I think you should hand-deliver it, and tell her you'd like to take her for coffee sometime.
    Exactly, this is great advice, not only is it sweet, but it was done creatively (not just a plastic one I saw at the .99 cent store)
    but it also says: Here I am: and I made this for you!

This isn't Hailey Mills Parent Trap circa 1961, approach her.
    If you're shy: Watch Napolean Dynamite and watch the part where Kip and LaFonda are in the park, it gets em every time (playing footsies with ripped socks)

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I'd regret it if everyone told me not to do it and I did it, then they were right.
    Regret: a natural emotion based on expectations.
    However I'd rather face her in person, and give her something creative and original than
    to regret not doing anything but hiding behind a sort of love gram I would sent/receive in grade school.

single rose, no chocolates ... flirtacious note saying the other 11 are waiting for you at dinner tonight, my place, im cooking or something ...

wham.
    rose.
    potential date.
    indication whether she feels the same way by whether she turns up to the date.

easy?

Quote Originally Posted by eonbar View Post
    single rose, no chocolates ... flirtacious note saying the other 11 are waiting for you at dinner tonight, my place, im cooking or something ...

wham.
    rose.
    potential date.

easy?
    huh? .................

Quote Originally Posted by eonbar View Post

wham.
    rose.
    potential date.

easy?
    witty and funny. I like this one. havent actually put much thought into what to put in the note just yet! any more suggestions plz?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast