+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Just a bit of confusion with my new girlfriend.. Does she still like me?

Just a bit of confusion with my new girlfriend.. Does she still like me?

Hey, Just a bit of confusion with my new girlfriend.. Does she still like me?

I (21) get the feeling my new girlfriend (18) of nearly a month doesnt like me anymore.
    She has been a bit distant, frustrated and moody the past two weeks. And it feels as though conversation isnt there. She isnt the emotional type. She told me from day one. But at the start of the relationship she was all over me. I approached her on the problem and she said shes just having a stressful few weeks being busy and that she will be feeling better this week.. Its kind of making me not like her so much any more. I guess lets see how the week goes.

How can i keep the spark? Or is this a doomed relationship..?

Distance yourself. Stop initiating contact with her, and start looking for other women. You need to seem like you're doing fine without her. If you happen to meet someone you like better, then dump her.

You could also just break up with her now, and tell her that you're willing to work on what's bothering her if she decides she wants to put some effort into the relationship, but you feel neglected and you're not staying as of now. The idea of breaking up needs to come from you, and soon.
    Last edited by BackUpOrGetStng; 25-01-11 at 04:00 AM.

People go through things all the time: but if she takes it out on you, the relationship or she fails to confide in YOU (for comfort)
    it's very possible she doesn't like you anymore. People love to tell you how they aren't something, only to have their actions reveal
    an entirely different story: con artists do this all the time. How can she know she will be feeling better "this week?"
    Did she talk to Madam Cleo, Psychic Silvia? Is she clairvoyant? I doubt it.

It's possible she is dealing with something she doesn't trust you with...So what to do?

When someone says that they are stressing, being busy: BE SPECIFIC! Ask what
    exactly is stressing her out, then talk about it. If she refuses, then it's clear she's hiding something from you.

Then this is where you tell her: that in a relationship one needs to find comfort through the other when they are feeling down.
    If she doesn't want to confide in you: no problem, then you two don't have to be in a relationship, break the commitment and tell her
    while you care about her: you cannot allow yourself to be victimized by her actions...Done.

What you don't do is break contact and avoid her until she is ready or contacts you: bad advice.

It's only a month, get out while you can and find someone who is emotionally stable.
    Some little girls feel like men are emotional tampons, that they can hurt without simply communicating how they feel.

I feel like just coming out and asking her if she still likes me.
    I stayed at her place last night and met the parents and some other family for the first time. I spoke to her asking why she wasnt very affectionate anymore compared to a few weeks ago.. I was trying to say goodnight and a kiss/cuddle but she seemed more interested in her teddy that she sleeps with.. It was like.. me, you and the stupid teddy-bear. She is a few years younger though.. maybe too young for me. hmmm

Don't waste your time. Dump her, and if this relationship is what she wants, she will come back.

Some little girls feel like men are emotional tampons, that they can hurt without simply communicating how they feel.
    I agree completely

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Distance yourself. Stop initiating contact with her, and start looking for other women. You need to seem like you're doing fine without her. If you happen to meet someone you like better, then dump her.

You could also just break up with her now, and tell her that you're willing to work on what's bothering her if she decides she wants to put some effort into the relationship, but you feel neglected and you're not staying as of now. The idea of breaking up needs to come from you, and soon.
    Every1 has bad times maybe he should find out what she is stressed about dump BackUpOrGetStng your quick to give up hope my better half has better understanding
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by battlingpig View Post
    I agree completely
    People answering this thread are negative nothing in a relationship is 100 percent all the time maturity sees that as an oppurtunity to find out what is bothering his gf not give up and find a new gf she is stressed by something maybe needs to talk
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by sweetkissesforu View Post
    People answering this thread are negative nothing in a relationship is 100 percent all the time maturity sees that as an oppurtunity to find out what is bothering his gf not give up and find a new gf she is stressed by something maybe needs to talk
    If she needs to talk, she needs to communicate that. Honestly, at 18 years old, kids are pretty unstable as it is. It could be a host of things, but she's probably not even on your level of maturity yet hence her not opening up and talking with you about her moods and what not. I wouldn't waste my time stressing about it.

Everythings fine. We spoke and it just turns out shes quite reserved emotionally and she said it takes time for her to express herself. She's very intelligent, has ambitions, I would say she's quite mature for her age in a lot aspects but i guess she hasn't emotionally matured just yet. But she can be great so im going to hang on for a bit. Hopefully her life will chill out soon and we can get back to what we had a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Don't waste your time. Dump her, and if this relationship is what she wants, she will come back.

Excellent use of your passive/aggressive skills!