+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Creating Utopia

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    what about controlling the quality of population by not letting unfit people have kids?
    Okay, I'll humor you. Who defines the limits of "unfit"?

As to "stupid poor" being the problem; do you think people are stupid because they are poor or poor because they are stupid? The truth of the matter is that there are some people who are simply not as intelligent, I give you that, but this is not so much choice as nature. They were not blessed with the intelligence others were. Then you have those who are simply uneducated, but get grouped into your "stupid" label when they are, in fact, very intelligent. If you grow up in a culture where you are taught that what you need to do in order to advance in life is hustle and steal, you may very well thrive by doing so, if you are intelligent.

Rather than a cleansing of a class or a race by eliminating it (genocide), I am proposing providing for opportunities for them (rehabilitation of a culture), the same as any other class, evening the playing field, not leaning heavily toward them either (affirmative action), just the same as anyone else, no more, no less.

Quote Originally Posted by nomas View Post
    do you think people are stupid because they are poor
    Clearly, [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grigori_Perelman]intelligence is linearly related to income[/url].

On 18 March 2010, it was announced that he had met the criteria to receive the first Clay Millennium Prize Problems award of US $1,000,000 for resolution of the Poincaré conjecture, but on July 1, 2010 he turned down this one million dollar prize …
    According to a 2006 interview, Perelman was then unemployed, living with his mother in Saint Petersburg.

Monty Python were paid only £2000 for casting in Monty Python and the Holy Grail...

Quote Originally Posted by doppelmakemelol View Post
    Clearly, [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grigori_Perelman]intelligence is linearly related to income[/url].
    So making someone intelligent is one big pay raise away. Nice.

Naturally we must go deeper: WHY is there a correlation? EDUCATION, that's how. The better off a community, the more access to a better education. It's not about intelligence vs stupidity. It's education vs lack thereof.

Naturally we must go deeper: WHY is there a correlation? EDUCATION, that's how. The better off a community, the more access to a better education. It's not about intelligence vs stupidity. It's education vs lack thereof.

Same guy as before.

His mother gave up graduate work in mathematics to raise him. His mathematical talent became apparent at the age of ten, and his mother enrolled him in Sergei Rushkin's after-school math training program.[7]

His mathematical education continued at the Leningrad Secondary School #239, a specialized school with advanced mathematics and physics programs. ... In the late 1980s, Perelman went on to earn a Candidate of Science degree (the Soviet equivalent to the Ph.D.) at the Mathematics and Mechanics Faculty of the Leningrad State University, one of the leading universities in the former Soviet Union.
    Last edited by Lipp; 27-01-11 at 02:58 PM.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    once again, it seems that smart people actually are not reproducing as much as stupid.
    Me and my g/f decided we should have about 20 kids to try to keep up with the welfare suckling idiots.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

nom, where i live, a lot of people have the opportunity for FREE education. and they still choose not to do it. even if they did, i highly doubt that it will benefit them much.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    nom, where i live, a lot of people have the opportunity for FREE education. and they still choose not to do it. even if they did, i highly doubt that it will benefit them much.
    Dude, I had no idea.

What me and you consider "common sense" does not even exist in some of these people's minds. They have the emotional maturity of 12 year olds. They believe whoever yells the loudest wins the argument. They think the gov't has plenty of money, and don't realize it comes out of our checks. They don't understand that you shouldn't lie on your resume. They only think about what benefits them, no matter how dishonest it is, except...they don't realize they're doing it. Children having children, it's horrible.

what about controlling the quality of population by not letting unfit people have kids?
    This was already tried and failed in the US

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compulsory_sterilization#United_States]Compulsory sterilization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/url]
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Mish View Post
    This was already tried and failed in the US

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compulsory_sterilization#United_States]Compulsory sterilization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/url]
    And also in Nazi Germany - that's why I responded with Sieg Heil!.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123