+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guys would you do this?

Guys would you do this?

Guys please help me understand why a guy that I've been dating for about a month would ask me to go with him for a 2hr drive for a sombre family event because he wants to spend time with me on the drive to and fro but wouldn't want me go for the family event - I wouldn't want to go either cos I don't know his family. He keeps saying he likes me a lot thats why he wants to spend time with me more and more.

Is this a man thing cos I don't get it. He is very busy and its hard to find time together, is that a good enough explanation? Does this make sense?

I think he wants to get it in. Seems puzzling why he wouldn't want you to attend the event.

@dablimb get what in? He's been a gentleman the entire time... so I don't think it's sex. Its his personal affair and i wouldn't want to attend even if he asked me to.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What are you supposed to do while he attends this family event? Hang out at the local Starbucks?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    What are you supposed to do while he attends this family event? Hang out at the local Starbucks?
    Good question!!! That's the same thing I was thinking - he said I could do something I wanted to do around town while he's at the event. It sounds selfish doesn't it?

I wouldn't hang around having to occupy myself and while he's at some event.

Tell him to come and see you and when he can make 'proper' time for you.

Thats kind of puzzleing. I don't think I'd ask you along if I didn't want you to attend the event, but I probably wouldn't ask you to attend a sombre event after a month.

Actually, thinking about it thats a rediculous thing to ask you to do, what areyou supposed to do during the event? Sounds very selfish to me.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't think it is "bad" that he asked. You've only been seeing each other a month, which is too soon for family events. He just wants to spend more time with you, which is sweet. No need to get all pissy about it. If you would rather not be alone, then don't go. If you like him, and you will be bored anyway, and are able to entertain yourself for a while, then... eh. Why not?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

A
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I don't think it is "bad" that he asked. You've only been seeing each other a month, which is too soon for family events. He just wants to spend more time with you, which is sweet. No need to get all pissy about it. If you would rather not be alone, then don't go. If you like him, and you will be bored anyway, and are able to entertain yourself for a while, then... eh. Why not?
    Actually, I told him it wasn't a good idea to go and he was ok my decision. I really felt bad though because I think it would have been nice driving with him and spending time with him...

Quote Originally Posted by girlygirl2011 View Post
    A Actually, I told him it wasn't a good idea to go and he was ok my decision. I really felt bad though because I think it would have been nice driving with him and spending time with him...
    LOL, which is it? You did want to go or you didn't? I agree with vashti in that it was the thought (partial thought) that counted. He saw this as a way to spend time with you even though it doesn't sound like he thought it all the way through. I also agree with xxazurexx in that he needs to make more well thought out time for you.

At least he is trying, which is more than I can say about many men these days.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

that's extremely weird and rude

To me this is a joke.
    He has no issue talking to you but has insecurities he's unable to face (either about himself, you or about being with you)

It's not a man thing...It's a little boy thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    To me this is a joke.
    He has no issue talking to you but has insecurities he's unable to face (either about himself, you or about being with you)

It's not a man thing...It's a little boy thing.
    Well its only been a month. I wouldn't have been comfortable meeting his family either. He said he was just trying to spend time with me and didn't think it through.
    Last edited by girlygirl2011; 28-01-11 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    LOL, which is it? You did want to go or you didn't? I agree with vashti in that it was the thought (partial thought) that counted. He saw this as a way to spend time with you even though it doesn't sound like he thought it all the way through. I also agree with xxazurexx in that he needs to make more well thought out time for you.

At least he is trying, which is more than I can say about many men these days.
    @Incognito, you are right that he didn't think it out through. That's exactly what he said

Quote Originally Posted by girlygirl2011 View Post
    He said he was just trying to spend time with me and didn't think it through.
    Ironically...neither did you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast