+ Follow This Topic

Thread: To get my ex back?

To get my ex back?

After a 6 years relation (a serious attempt to break up after the second year - she wanted to be just friends) my ex broke off via a message (SMS). That was all..

After 4 month I got in touch with her and I meet her (one meeting face 2 face).

What should I do? To became friend with her and try to get back with her? She said that it's not physically attracted to me, that she has no feelings and right now it feels great as a single.

you went out for 6 years and she's not physically attracted to you? something doesn't add up there...

^That can happen Ashley....people can lose an attraction for a partner.

She is not anymore... And maybe because in those years, the physics did not work so well..

After she said that reconciliation is impossible.. Should I try to get her back?

Why do you want to get back with someone who has made it clear they don't want to be with you anymore and who says they are no longer physically attracted to you?

No I wouldn't try to get her back.

Short answer: No.

Why I want to get back with her?
    Because:
    We have a real fun together (she said the same, but just like friends)
    I like how physical looks
    I still have feelings for her
    and others..

Why she broke up with me?
    Because:
    She wanted freedom
    She didn't want to give explanations about anything
    Physically didn't behave naturally with me (felt compelled)
    and bonus.. after 6 years she still thinking to the ex - saw him one day- was confused after she discussed a little bit with him (was left for another girl - I didn't know that).

At this moment, after the first meeting live I told her that we should be friends and that anything can happen in the future (to remain friends, to get back.. or anything). She accepted, but she told me that I must not think to get back with her because is impossible.

I have 3 options:
    - To to stay with her as a best friend
    - To to stay with her as a best friend and try to rekindle the spark and if is not working to ignore her
    - To ignore her and before that to say what is in my mind

Thank you!

i don't think you can be friends, the reason for this is because you obviouslt love her very much. I am in a similar situation with my wife. she says she doesn't love me but wants to be friends. It would be ok if that was a starting point to try and sort the relationship but she doesn't want that. I know I can't be friends because I love her so much. and I see the same in your situation. i would tell her how you feel and tell her you will be there if she changes her mind about you but you need space away from each other. This could also help her sort her feelings for you. But if she doesn,t have physicall attraction to you it doesn't look good. She may be lying??? You can't put yourself through a friendship with her giving her all the support of a boyfriend/husband without the perks. It will just chew you up emotionally. I hope this helps.

I told her that we can not be friends because I want to restart the link between us (as we didn't know one another).
    Is hard, but is the best. If she accept me just like a friend will not be a future for us. If she accept me like a new person in her life, maybe will be something. And will accept me only like a best friend.

Ther is NO WAY you can be friends of any kind. It could be years before you could handle that, and by then you'll probably be happily involved with someone new.