+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What would make you lose interest?

What would make you lose interest?

Just wondering what would make people lose interest in sex... this is mostly asking guys, but interested in all responses.

Castration.

If a guy loses interest it could be that she got fat and let herself go, or he's having an affair or he's too afraid to let her know she smells bad down there.

For women it's a multitude of things. But the main one is the lack of romance and affection from her partner, and letting her know how much she is appreciated.

If a significant other loses interest in sex it can cause a man to lose interest (after a long time). I'm just about there now. The wife is hardly ever interested in sex enough to initiate it or even mention it. Instead of cheating I turned to sex toys, and I now prefer using a toy to actual sex. There is no politics involved when using a toy, toys don't smell bad, they don't turn you away, and they are always ready to go.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    If a significant other loses interest in sex it can cause a man to lose interest (after a long time). I'm just about there now. The wife is hardly ever interested in sex enough to initiate it or even mention it. Instead of cheating I turned to sex toys, and I now prefer using a toy to actual sex. There is no politics involved when using a toy, toys don't smell bad, they don't turn you away, and they are always ready to go.
    Thats kind of sad. If my partner ever loses interest, I would leave him. I believe sex is very healthy in a relationship.

If I was the only one with a bit of passion in bed...I had a boyfriend once for too long a time I think...he was really cuddly and gentle...but very passive in bed...so I slowly lost interest since I had to do it all...kinda made me feel I was making love to myself if you see what I mean...
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

Quote Originally Posted by sookie6 View Post
    If I was the only one with a bit of passion in bed...I had a boyfriend once for too long a time I think...he was really cuddly and gentle...but very passive in bed...so I slowly lost interest since I had to do it all...kinda made me feel I was making love to myself if you see what I mean...
    Irony. Women claim they know how to please a woman better than a man.
    Then when they get it from a man: Boring!

Quote Originally Posted by TNGirl View Post
    Thats kind of sad. If my partner ever loses interest, I would leave him. I believe sex is very healthy in a relationship.

So do , but not every one believes that. I also wasn't trying to say that I'd refuse sex, but now I really don't sweat the lack of sex so much. It honestly seems to be more of a hassle than its worth at times. If it comes down to using a toy or trying to spark something in the bed 7/10 times I'd rather not be bothered and just use a toy.
    Last edited by Incognito; 28-01-11 at 02:45 AM.

Resentment. When I was married, I knew exactly when I lost interest in sex. When I started to resent her. She hurt my heart, and continued to kill me slowly.
    My resentment grew, and I saw her as ugly and mean. I wouldn't care if she gained 100 pounds. If she were loving towards me, I would want to have sex
    with her all the time. But the mind is stronger than the penis.

For most men it is.... for most men, lol.

Not being or feeling loved by my partner. Wife told me she didn't love me anymore, a couple weeks after that I had no desire to have sex with her. I didn't think the desire to have sex with her would ever go away honestly but we still live together ( until our house sells) and now ( 3ish months later) I couldn't care less about about sex with her.

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    Irony. Women claim they know how to please a woman better than a man.
    Then when they get it from a man: Boring!
    I don't really understand your comment...I was only using an experience I had to support my feelings on the initial question...once again you are highjacking something I say to make a sexist comment...for the record I have nothing agains men whereas YOU tend to use any opportunity to ignite a sex war...

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    Then when they get it from a man: Boring! !

Also I was explaining that my then boyfriend was passive in bed so I don't think I got anything from him...
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

For me it's none of the usual things. I wouldn't care if my wife gained 100 lbs... I didn't fall in love with her body, I fell in love with her mind, her heart and... her. Her body is just what carries her around.

But yeah, the constant vitriol I've had in other relationships, the lack of physical intimacy that isn't sex-related, has made me see a woman I'd previously regarded as attractive as ugly inside and out.