+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm dating a free spirit/eccentric doctor, he says he loves me, but I don't feel it

I'm dating a free spirit/eccentric doctor, he says he loves me, but I don't feel it

I have met a wonderful guy who lives two hours away online (29 years old, works as a doctor, but does have 10-15 days off a month), we have only seen each other 3 times the first three months, things were slow but I was okay with it since I wasn't all that interested. Surprisingly, he kept in touch throughout even though our schedule did not allow us to meet up often, texted/called almost everyday. We finally spent a couple days together in December and things went well, and we decided to be exclusive (he suggested it via text msg one day).He now calls everyday at least once or twice, and even tells me he loves me. Wants me to meet his mom next weekend (he's very close to his mom) However, here are a few things that bother me very much:

He told me because of the distance between us, if i feel lonely andi ever feel the need to date other guys, he wouldn't want to break up with me. I was very weirded out by that comment, and asked him multiple times if he's planning to do the same, he said no, and he only has eyes for me, it's not his preference for me to date other ppl, but he doesnt want to break up with me if i do.

Another incident happend last week when he was supposed to come see me on his way back from Tahoe on Wed, he told me he's planning to get in between 6 to 7pm, of course I cleared my schedule thinking we'll have dinner. He texted me in the morning that he won't be able to make dinner, I was not happy, but didnt say anything, just asked him for a timing once he finds out. He called me at 730pm and said he's grabbing dinner with his college friends in Sacramento and wont be back till 11ish, and asked me if that was too late for me, and if that's the case, he'll just go stay with his cousin in east bay. I was more upset at that point, thinking it's one thing he comes back late, but he even offered to not come back at all? 11pm comes around, hes not here, i called, no one answered, i called 3 times every 30 minutes, couldn't get a hold of him, i started to get worried and couldn't sleep. Finally got a hold of him at 1am, he told me his phone died, both him and his 18 year old cousin got too drunk and couldn't drive back. he was counting on his 18 year cousin to be the DD since he was not supposed to drink. I was furious, he first chose to hang out with his friends over me, then he wasn't even consiously planning to stay sober to drive back, but decided to count on his 18 year old cousin. between the time his phone died till he picked up my call was at least 3 hours, he couldn't find a way to contact me? (going to his friend's place earlier? buying a charger?) I thought he died or something. - How can he say he loves me when this is his actions?

He also told me he was dating multiple girls before he got serious with me (betwee aug to dec), and I thought he liked me a lot because he called/texted me almost everyday, but apparently he had enough time/energy to do that for several girls..he told me he always dated multiple girls at once because he doesnt want to have anything too serious too soon, also to show me how I'm very special to him. I was happy to hear that but now I have trust issues on not only I don't think he likes me as much as he says he does, but also doubt if he's dating other girls at the same time, since that's a habit of his.

He's also good friends with several of his exgfs, and one of his exgf came to the nye party with us, and told me "I have heard so much about you".. so then i asked him, how often they talk on the phone, he said "2-3 times a week".. WTF, thats excessive. I told him this makes me very uncomfortable, but he hasnt done anything to change that yet.

Everytime i bring any of these up with him, its like we are going in circles, he says hes done nothing wrong, and made me feel like i shouldn't feel the way i felt. and I clamed up, but secretly get frustrated inside. Anyone has any insights/advices?

I think for his sake you should dump him. You are waaaay to uptight.