+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Stuck between two worlds

Stuck between two worlds

my ex ended our 8 month relationship about 2 month ago for a very strange reason (because i got jelous when i was drunk) anyway thats another matter...

When im occassionly with her we get all cuddly and go to bed and watch a film etc. She will then stay the night at my house and we sleep cuddling each other. This is the catch. When im doing this i feel like i dont want to or i possibly should be somewhere else. I feel like its not right and i should concentrate on being single and getting over her. Then when i'm on my own i kind of miss it in a way. If we dont contact each other though im not as bad and tend to think of her less.

So when im with her, i dont want to be... when im not with her i kind of do want to be....

Any reason for this and any advice?

I really have no idea how to explain that one.

My advice is to stay away fom her and figure it out for yourself. When you're unsure of your feelings, you need to stay alone for a while and figure it out on your own. Get more active in your hobbies, pick up some new hobbies. (Play an instrument )

Just spend some time alone and figure out how you really feel.

Companionship is a very natural drive because as humans we all want touch, connection, someone to wile away the hours with. Problem is, you probably can't really open yourself up to another person until you have put this other relationship to bed ('scuse the pun.) It sounds like you are both using the other as a crutch cause you are afraid to get back in the game just yet. It's sweet you can do that but sooner or later you will have to move this to true friendship and not bedfellows.

JMHO

Colleen