+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What is this?

What is this?

Ok, so let me start off by saying that I will add any details in or answer any Q's you all have... I just want to get to the point and not get too lenghty (which I have a tendency to do):

He is 29, I'm 23. We've been dating since Nobvember, so 4 months.

Basically the issue I am having is that I'm not sure what we are/what's going on in his head/what to do.
    He says we are "exclusively dating" but doesn't like the girlfriend/boyfriend labels. Fine, whatever. Same difference. BUT, he tells me he loves me and vice versa, and we've even talked about moving in together at some point.
    He was working in my area which is how I met him, but when he started college his job didn't want to work with his schedule so they fired him. He lives about 30mi away from me. So before he was in school, he would stay with me since it was close to his work, and then go to work the next day. Around this time (2-3 months ago) we were seeing eachother/spending time with eachother about 4 days a week.
    Now because he is in school/so far away, it's down to 1 day. For me, that's extremely hard. 1 day isn't enough for me.

The couple of issues I'm having are:

- The distance/his desire to want to see me. I know it's a good distance, and it doesn't make sense to come all the way down here with his school schedule, but there are 2 days on the weekend, and personally, I would want to use both on him, but it doesn't seem to go both ways. He seems content with just the one or two days a week. He is busy with school and obviously has his own life but I don't know, I just would want more time. He usually comes to see me, so I asked if I could come down to see him which led to...
    - His family. He lives with them right now because it makes more sense financially. I have met them once. I had the opportunity to meet them in the early days of our relationship but I thought it was too soon. Then another time for Christmas Eve dinner, but I was very sick. So I met them for the first time a couple weeks ago. It was short & sweet. When I asked him about me coming down there sometimes to hang out, he said yeah we can hang out in the area but he doesn't like to be around his family for very long with a girl he's dating (in the house), that since it's their house he doesn't want to step on too many toes or get in their way. And also that he almost never has people over, even friends, and with girls it's usually like a "bring them over if you want to make them your fiance" kind of deal, not just a girl he's dating. I don't really buy it, but when I looked at other forums online, there were people saying that that was normal, that all families are different about those types of things...who knows...
    - Other stuff!! I don't want to make this super long/ask too many Q's at a time...

Help!

First the red flag would be up that he 29 yrs old and still lives at home not a good bet for an adult relationship find someone closer to home someone who has his own place and car
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

I think the family thing is normal...some families are just like that.

Either that, or it's an excuse not to spend the extra day with you.

You either trust the guy or you don't. If you don't...

You have a choice.

Maybe he is uptight about bringing someone over due to the fact that you might find it strange and awkward and he doesn't want to feel uncomffy.
    My guess.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetkissesforu View Post
    First the red flag would be up that he 29 yrs old and still lives at home not a good bet for an adult relationship find someone closer to home someone who has his own place and car
    errr different cultures does different things. i'm 28 and i own multiple houses and 2 cars but i still live at home to help out my parents. does that make me not an adult? lol
    i'm just very family orientated that's how i was bought up. i dont think the family thing is a problem.