+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Apparently I'm ugly.

Apparently I'm ugly.

I've never been approached or asked out on a date. I think that means I'm too ugly. I take care of my body (yoga) and I have good hygiene and I take care of my hair. I don't know what more I need to do to become more attractive and approachable. Advice would most definitely be appreciated.

So, if people have to be attractive to get a date/partner, tell me why sooooo many unattractive, overweight people are partnered/married??

Post a photo of yourself.

Barring that, the only advice I could give would be to work on being more charming, more interesting, better personality.

Get a better self esteem and work with what you have
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Post a pic. I'm betting you're not ugly.

Main thing for me when I started dating was confidence. Not many girls or guys like it when someone is totally and completely self conscious about themselves unless they want to take advantage of said person.

If you have the confidence then you just gotta get out there and talk to people and ask them out. If you get rejected, no big deal. Just move on. And don't be too hard on yourself either. If you continue to tell yourself things like "I'm ugly" or "I'm stupid". General stuff like that. Your brain will actually train itself to think like that more and more until you basically just get really good at viewing yourself as worthless. You should try to do the opposite.

But yeah, like I said. Just get out there, go to some clubs, talk to people. And actually don't even go up to people if you are at a party with the intent to date them. Just have a good time and be confident. People will be attracted to that and end up coming to you! Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeudance View Post
    I've never been approached or asked out on a date. I think that means I'm too ugly. I take care of my body (yoga) and I have good hygiene and I take care of my hair. I don't know what more I need to do to become more attractive and approachable. Advice would most definitely be appreciated.

*sniffs air*

I'm betting next weeks paycheck this is SMILEYFACE as YET another user name!!!

If I'm wrong & I can feel deep down I'm not wrong, then sorry...lol

Look are only skin deep, remeber that.

Here it is, in a nutshell. Usually "people" want to fit in, right?
    They see women just walking and getting hit on, guys throwing themselves at them, and you think to yourself:
    "I must be ugly because I'm not getting the same kind of attention as they do..."

Has it ever occurred to you that they get this attention because: they are attention whores (and easy) ???

Approachable people are easy on the eyes.
    They have infectious smiles, exude confidence and use their eyes to draw people in.
    They use their hair, they use their walk to lure people, they can be mysterious and dress in clothes that enhance their body.

A little eye shadow doesn't hurt, smelling great is a must, women who have long (natural nails a plus) would do you good.
    Consider your demographic...If the men are chasing easy women: maybe it says you aren't easy?

If you feel shy, awkward and have a low sense of self worth: you can actually project this outward for men to take notice (think animals like prey)
    Attraction is natural and when you impede this natural occurrence via your internalized issues of not feeling good enough: the wrong kind of man can take notice: and exploit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Albinoni View Post
    Look are only skin deep, remeber that.
    True, but ugly goes to the bone.