+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 6 questions about my girlfriend

6 questions about my girlfriend-Is she wrong??

Guys, I am asking you all this because my girlfriend acts like other guys would put up with this. I have several questions regarding my current relationship with my girlfriend. Instead of having a thread for each I figured for tracking I could just number them and have them all in one thread.
    1. My girlfriend and I have been dating for months but in the beginning she cheated on me badly with an ex boyfriend. She still loved him but loved me as well. For over a month she was sleeping with us both. When I found out I forgave her under the conditions that they not speak, not see each other, not txt, or email. I wanted all txts, emails, etc deleted if we were going to move away together. She agreed to the conditions but then decided to continue to speak with him. He currently has a girlfriend and has moved on but she still has him as a friend on facebook and wants to have a future relationship as friends. I think that due to their relationship, and the cheating it is to much for her to ask, and I’m against it. I think she should cut him off completely, and delete him from facebook if she is going to stay with me. Am I wrong??
    2. My girlfriend recently flew home for a visit without me. Within a day she posted her new number on facebook and began making plans with people. Her and I spoke and she casually announced that she was going to have dinner with a guy friend, at his home. She said she had been meaning to do it before but her previous boyfriend wouldn’t allow it. I think the request is rude and inappropriate for someone with a boyfriend. I think it is a bad situation, and that she should be much more considerate considering she has already cheated on me. Am I wrong?
    3. My girlfriend shy’s away from confrontation by lying and omitting things from me. She thinks that is more appropriate then dealing with things but I told her that anything she has to lie about or omit from me can’t be good for our relationship. She will even go so far as to write about things in her diary regarding us, but not speak to me about them. I told her that omitting things, and lying will only cause more issues. Am I wrong?
    4. My girlfriend has another ex boyfriend that she is friends with. He still has feelings for her, and now that he knows about me is talking to her about staying home as opposed to coming back, telling her she could stay and do things on her own without me, and also giving advice regarding us in our relationship. The guy hasn’t even had a serious relationship and has feelings for her so I don’t think he should be discussing my relationship with her at all, but It’s hard to say because they are friends. I think she should be quick to shut down any conversation that could cause divisive thoughts considering his unbiased opinion, he has vested interest in us breaking up.
    5. My girlfriend will make posts on facebook daily about the weather being awesome, a walk being amazing but refuses to make mention of me publicly. She will say I’m prince charming and the world’s greatest in her diary or to me, but refuses to mention me on facebook. After months she finally put in a relationship in status as opposed to single, but didn’t list my name. I feel like she is ashamed of me. Meanwhile I added all her family to my facebook and had many pics of us, and loving things to say about her. It has been my experience that normally the man is the one that hides being in a relationship. I’m excited about us, but I feel like she isn’t. If she really loves me why would she be this way? To me it seems like it is her escape route, her holding onto being single. Am I wrong to think she should give me credit to those that matter to her?
    6. Should my girlfriend be continuing to friend men that she doesn’t know on facebook, and giving guys her number if we are not only in a relationship but live together?

I WOULD LIKE THE TRUTH BECAUSE SHE ALWAYS MAKES IT SOUND LIKE I'M CONTROLLING OR UNREASONABLE. THANKS.
    Last edited by frogj316; 31-01-11 at 04:47 PM.