+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My girlfriend's way of joking around hurts me

lna is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

My girlfriend's way of joking around hurts me

It's becoming unbearable, a everyday sort of routine thing. We always used to kid this way but lately it has become too much. She either love to make me jealous or she likes to see me upset. She jokes on the phone, when we go out, when we walk. I keep reacting the same way, because I'm a very spontaneous person and no matter how hard I try to hide my feelings I can't, my face's like a open book. She keeps joking about guys, she says they hot, what she would do to them etc etc.. Today she texted me that she walked back home from driving school with a friend that they had something going on, she was totally joking I joked back telling her that I was with this girl we texted joking like this for about an hour but then when she started going through details I started not to like it anymore so I got all serious, she got pissed off and said that it was just joking. I don't find this topic funny anymore since I've been cheated on four years ago, my ex got pregnant of it, kind of a proof she did. My actual girlfriend that I LOVE TO DEATH knows that it signed me and it made my trust towards girls very fragile, but she also know that I trust her as much as she trust me. She's very playful, we love to kid around, If I didn't like this side of her personality I wouldn't love her, I just die inside when she jokes this way with me, not because of the past delusion, neither for trust issues, just because I love her so much. It's 1.30 in the morning here in Italy and I'd like to send her a long goodnight message explaining her how I feel about this and how I don't want to argue about this thing anymore, please help me write a message that gives her the idea in a polite manner

Thank you Forum!

Well it's partly your fault for going along with it anyways. If you don't like joking around like that anymore then tell her.

But honestly she sounds like a bitch and I'd dump her if I were you. What kind of person makes the one they love feel like crap for no reason? Doesn't sound like much love is going on there though to be completely honest.

Sounds like she gets a kick out of making you jealous...

She's looking for a reaction and you are reacting.....in 'exactly' the way she wants you to react.

Best way to deal with her, is to not show her childishness bothers you and to stop reacting like a jealous little boy.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post

She's looking for a reaction and you are reacting.....in 'exactly' the way she wants you to react.

Best way to deal with her, is to not show her childishness bothers you and to stop reacting like a jealous little boy.
    On this argument we had she said she thinks i might be loosing interest in her so you got the whole point here..

I disagree, you both need to stop with this type of joking, apparently it's not healthy for the relationship anymore. Screw the message, sit her down and talk to her about it.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by IncognitoSir View Post
    I disagree, you both need to stop with this type of joking, apparently it's not healthy for the relationship anymore. Screw the message, sit her down and talk to her about it.
    and i agree with you also

Quote Originally Posted by lna View Post
    On this argument we had she said she thinks i might be loosing interest in her so you got the whole point here..
    And that is why she's trying to make you jealous.

She is insecure about your feelings for her.

Users Country Flag
    And that is why she's trying to make you jealous.

She is insecure about your feelings for her.
    I'm like devote to her 24/7, she has this major complex that i might be leaving her, but i love her so much she doesn't understand

Quote Originally Posted by IncognitoSir View Post
    Uhm,,,I did advise that the joking stopped....by telling him to ignore it and then she would likely quit with her stupidness and when he fails to react.

She does it and because he REACTS!!!

Then bloody tell her, man. D:

I'm like devote to her 24/7, she has this major complex that i might be leaving her, but i love her so much she doesn't understand
    Tell her that you will leave her and if she doesnt quit her bullshit!!

Users Country Flag
    Tell her that you will leave her and if she doesnt quit her bullshit!!
    Definitely... I show her love all the time, she need to feel more secure about us two

And it takes coming onto a forum and to be told that you need to sit down to talk???

Why didn't you think of doing that before??

Users Country Flag
    And it takes coming onto a forum and to be told that you need to sit down to talk???

Why didn't you think of doing that before??
    cause we end up hugging and kissing instead of talking

cause we end up hugging and kissing instead of talking

Wow, then force the issue. How weak can you be? I understand that it's very tempting to do that kind of stuff when you're alone with someone you care about in such a way but jeeze, man. If it's as big a problem as you say it is then you need to do something about it. Don't make excuses and don't be a coward.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast