+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can you advise me on how to win him back?

Can you advise me on how to win him back?

Hello all,
    I really need some help here. Let me make it clear that I would do anything for him! My boyfriend who I have been with for a month is mad because he thinks I have been lying to him about cheating on him with exes. He seems to want to know the dirty laundry in my past which I admit; I haven’t been completely honest with him about. I believe that my past is my past, and the mistakes that I have made I have already paid for, and I will tell him about when the time is right and I know him better. Well, to make a long story short, he and I had a falling out and he pretty much said I am a liar and he wants to know who I really am. I swear to God that I am not cheating on him and I have had a rough past, which I am not comfortable talking about right now. If I tell him who I really am it needs to be the right time. He wants a serious relationship and so do I. I mean I probably want a serious relationship more than he does (even though he swears that is what he wants more than I do). The trouble is, he and I had a falling out and he is obviously upset at me now. We are not speaking right now and I feel that this matter can be taken care of with the right communication. How should I contact him, should I show up at his place with roses and beer all dressed up?? How do I tell him that I want a serious relationship and I want to be with just him and him only? How to I tell him that I have made bad mistakes in the past, but the past is the past and I have learned my lesson?

What the hell? I wouldn't expect someone to blab everything to me about their past but he has a right to know who you are if you will be dating him. You are obviously hiding stuff from him and that's why he thinks you're a liar. If you just tell him you aren't comfortable talking about your past and say that you will talk about it when you are more comfortable then do just that. Don't give him reasons to think you are lying and seeing your exes.

And if you really aren't cheating on him and he is still insecure about it then I think it's time to move on.

Edit: Let me rephrase that:

If you aren't cheating on him
    if you aren't lying to him
    if you aren't hiding anything from him

and he is still insecure about it and doesn't trust you. THEN maybe it's time to move on. But to me, a month is an okay amount of time to open yourself up. you can't stay hidden forever. It's not fair to the person you're with. And they won't wait around for you to be open.
    Last edited by curly1118; 01-02-11 at 10:28 AM.